Ilsa's Mech Lab.

Looking great mate... As usual! I had to look at the photos twice though, as the first time I scrolled down them, it looked like you'd just taken a dozen pictures of cleavage!!! I noticed the other stuff in the photos the second time. Took a bit of concentration though!

Chris

Looks like a pretty cool figure kit Chris. I'm always amazed at the painting results from a talented figure modeler. I've been wanting to try something like this, so I'll be following along, trying to pick up hints and tips as you move through the build.

Jason

Thanks gents :)

Scott ,you're right ,So many options ! Makes a nice change of pace not being tied to a particular scheme !

Scrach ,I actually used the Perfect Plastic Putty for this one , just to experiment to see if it works on metal , I worked it with a damp brush and once dry gave it a light sand , seems to work well and gets good grip on metal too :)

Jason ...Go for it :)

Chris.

very nice details, Chris but you forgot to buff or drill the bust.... hmm that's not a good sound, I think lol

Cheers!!!

Thanks gents :) Sorry about the late reply !!

I have most of the assembly work done now ! Spent a bit of time on the little guy . I animated him a bit ,moving his legs and head so he looks like he's interacting with the nice young lady ;D

He's on the right !! ....The RIGHT !! ...Corr blimey ::)

mech19.jpg

mech17.jpg

So ,it was time to throw a drop of primer ,I like getting primer on a metal figure ,really shows the detail up better !
I can see a few bits needing attention :) then ...Paint :)

mech21.jpg

mech22.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

Chris.

What can I say mate. Looking amazing! I've never worked with the metal figures before, and I was amazed at the transformation once you got the primer on! Now I think you could probably get away with just painting her chest and leaving the rest in primer, I honestly don't think we'd notice!!!! ;)

Fanks mate ;D No doubt you'll give her a good oogling tomorrow !! lol

Yeah its a big difference with the primer on ,Its always hard to see all the detail on the bare metal .

Chris.

Okay...I am just coming into this here but need to go back to the beginning and put a little emphasis on your first statement..."I must be mad !!!" Pretty much sums it up!! ;D

How th heck are you Mr. S!!! ;) I am a bit behind on everything going on in the contest....slowly getting up to speed....Awesome choice Brotha!! I have passed on grabbing this kit 3 times so far at the local shows....not going to happen next time I think!! Very nice!! Even better under some primer!!! The sexy painting of any job!! Keep up the great work my friend!! 8)

Nice idea modding the little fella.
Detail's definitely showing better under primer

Thanks chaps , hopefully start working a little flesh this week ;D ;D

Todd ,Im all good Bro :) you really gotta grab one of these ,so much fun ! Im looking forward to going my own way with the paint ,I was thinking kind of an Alice in Wonderland sort of thing ...what do you reckon ?

Chris.

Latest posts

Back