Jeep's mecha madness.

Jeep

Anyone that knows me any length of time knows that I am a great fan of mecha, reguardless of story line, anime, game or movie it is all about the "big stompy robots" I guess it can be blamed on a childhood surrounded with such classics as Robotech, Voltron, Battletech (yes I still have a mechforce number) starwars and many others. This group build got me pretty excited and I am glad that it was expanded to include anything in the genre, So excited in fact that I am building several entry, it will be a nice break from the frustrations of my cold war group build project (NOT going well) but onward to the heavy metal!

First, I broke out a old Museum scale ATLAS, this was made of lead free pewter and languished with other battletech projects, I have a few more of these in my stash, I simply set aside the T62 and glued it together and painted it up, I based it with some trees to spruce it up a little. This is not really a "entry" but more of a warm up for things to come.

Next on the agenda was this little side project, a snap (and glue) VF1J fighter in Gerwalk mode. This is a exceptionally simple kit, with a small amount of fit problems. I have not exactly decided how I want to finish it yet. ( suggestions) I'll probably make a decision tomorrow and break out the airbrush.

(yes that is a scratch built shadow sword in the back ground WIP)

The next project, is really the first for this group build a 25th anniversary YF-19 in 1:72 scale from Macross plus. This one is one hold until I lay my hands on a copy of the anime to watch, maybe I'll hook up a TV in the garage where I am setting up a work shop.

Latest posts

Back