Contest crazyness, Jeep's Model

I stuck with it and I am glad. Although it is finished with a much heavier standard of weathering than I really wanted it too.

As I mentioned in my last post I ended up striping the finish as best that I could. I then replied the rust antiquing paints and waited. I then dry brushed a very thin wash of Tamiya buff thinned way down. after a second drybrushing coat. I then washed down the effect with Tamiya thinner to make a "rainwashed" dust effect on vertical surfaces. I then airbrushed a light coat of Tamiya buff with a smidge of Tamiya white in a light to heavy coat of dust over the entire model. I then started applications of the MIG weathering powders, sometimes applied wet over the blade and running gear. Leaks around the bearing in the running gear and pulleys are Citadel brown ink, the gloss of ink makes a good oily effect. lower "spills" and we stains were made with Citadel "Devlan mud" and Badab black" WASHES. These have a matte effect when dry.

I am going to post a whole bunch of images now in hopes that some of them come out at least partially clear. I can not take any posed on the Garden Railroad as it is supposed to monsoon through the week and it just started now.

From what I can tell, that is looking quite the awesome'ness. Say, how many wranglers do you have Jeep?

From what I can tell, it looks pretty cool and you still have plenty of time to tweak it if you like.

I'm wondering though, looking at your pictures, the background is clear and sharp with all the detail very visable, while your model is blurry. Are there other settings on the camera you could try? If not, perhaps place the model farther away from the camera to get it in focus and then crop out all of the extra background later?

Dude, Jeep, you gotta focus your camera. Try holding the button down halfway to auto focus. At this point you should get a green light on the camera, then push all the way. I'm not sure if thats what your doing or not. but maybe that will help?

I would say it looks really, really good, but i just can't tell for sure.
It's very hard to give you feedback on the finish, but i think it is very good?

I mean no offence and i think your build kicks butt. But i want to see it ;)

Cheers,
Travis

The camera I am using is a mini DVR cam corder, it does silly things. I have tried every setting known to clear it up, Honest, what I have posted is the best of at least 8 of the SAME shots at different settings, they are worse. I am even trying sepia tones. My chances of getting another camera are good with in the next 6 months. In the mean time I will just deal. I am going to try to have a friend take better shots with his camera.

I asked a friend in at the Adventurers Guild to take some good close up images of the model. I can't artistically place them on a back ground but you should be able to finally have clear photos to judge details. so let the photo spam begin.

I asked a friend in at the Adventurers Guild to take some good close up images of the model. I can't artistically place them on a back ground but you should be able to finally have clear photos to judge details. so let the photo spam begin.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

whew!

Edit : So I am not in conflict with contest rules 4 and 7, and 9 you can open these images as a link to image shack where they are hosted and open them up to a larger size so they are better visible to judging and are at the required pixel count. At the same token, I did not want to kill anyone that is still on a dial up 56K modem running windows 95 so posted images are at 400x600

Latest posts

Back