Building process of the Ace Of Spades MKII Spitfire.

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
i hope you guys dont mind me posting it on here... buy the time i get done posting it all, the Battle of brittan forum will be done... so lets begin with the box art and parts on there sprues and instruction manual.

what was cool about this kit was i found it for cheep at Meijer.

Box.jpg
the Box art is typical of Revell, verry nice looking

Whatthekitcomeswith.jpg
short, simple instructions that are typical of Revell, parts on there sprue's, i see little or no flash, detail is ok... canopy comes in its own separate protective package

Cockpitdetail.jpg
so i did the detail inside the cockpit, and it told me to use some sea green or something, i did not have it, so i used the closest thing i had, its a bluish green Acrylic paint, it looks ok, not the best but ok..... i used Aluminum to do the raised edges and details to make them look warn out and such, then used flat back for the smaller details

CockpitParts.jpg
the cockpit peaces i painted the same color as everything ells, i did some of the detailing but its not all in on this part.

Cockpitpartsinplace.jpg
well i placed the cockpit peaces in the interior part of the Fusolage, this cockpit is much different than most cockpits i have built, the ones i am used too can be put together in one unit and be placed into the inside of the fuselage. this cockpit is placed into the cockpit in two parts, the floor is the bottom of the airplane, so i had to paint the entire inside of the wing greenish blue to go with the interior... its something new and it went together ok.

ill have more for ya guys later, and... more detailed pictures now that i have the camera!

Latest posts

Back