Bronco M1114 Up-Armored HA

TRM great tip I might have to give that a try. Worst thing that could happen is I have to get the resin ones that I was already leaning towards

Okay so progress on this isnt huge because its the week and I cant get a ton of work in but I managed to add more to the chassis (springs, rear bumper, and exhaust) the tires are not glued on they are just pushed on so I could see what it would look like.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I have to say that so far during this build I have been extremely impressed with the overall detail and quality of the molding, but I have found another fit issue. The transfer case is mount via a half moon male and female end to the transmission so it can only go on one way. Well I finished sanding the catalytic converter which needed a lot of putty due to gaps and when I went to put it on there is not way possible to get it on because the pipe coming out of it that runs up to the exhaust header on the enging runs directly into the transfer case :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:???? So more surgery was needed. Fortunately this is on the side that is going to mount to the cab and will not be seen once the kit is fully assembled. I had to take the dremel and grind out a grove in the transfer case to allow the exhaust pipe to go across it. Like I said its not noticable at all from the underside but these few fit issues are starting to worry me. I'm only on step 5 in the booklet so I hope the issues stay minor like this.

This kit does have a fair amount of detail....you are doing a fine job fixing the bugs!! Keep at it!! ;)

TRM said:
This kit does have a fair amount of detail....you are doing a fine job fixing the bugs!! Keep at it!! ;)
Yeah the detail in this kit far outweighs the bugs that I am finding so far.

Well I managed to assemble the front bumper which consists of 9 parts! They are extremely tiny too. You know when I started building models as a kid I would get revell kits from walmart of cars in 1/24 scale. Now making a 1/35 scale ,"car" so to speak, I feel like a giant trying to put this chassis together. Slow and steady though and its coming along.

Jose Luis Lopez said:
Love that vehicle, but the kit looks a little bit complex! You´re doing a nice work!
Thank you!! It is a bit complex with some small parts but so far very enjoyable even with the minor flaws in the kit.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I'm glad your enjoying the build so far. I am just sitting down for the night to do some work on it so I'll have some pics up shortly.

Well I had a choice between tan and black for the chassis and I decided that since the vehicle itself is going to be tan that black would look better. Here's the first coat, I will hit it again in the morning and then its onto detailing the different parts ;D

Photo etch gas pedal and photo etch brake arm and pedal. These are small and man they took some time to get but I like the detail.

Latest posts

Back