Bronco M1114 Up-Armored HA

letsgobrowns82

Okay since my M1A2 build is slowly winding down its time to go into the stash and get something new. I decided to start the M1114 Up-Armored Heavy Armor Tactical Vehicle. This kit is sweet looking, I picked it up after watching Schwienhund227's youtube review of it. Anyways here's a couple shots of the box art and sprues.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The photo etch parts come with the kit and make a great addition but unfortunately I have to say I'm not impressed with the tires. I suppose they are okay but the idea of glueing tires together and having one not match up properly worries me. Luckily there are some options on the after market to replace these. Im thinking of picking up some of the resin tires that are simulated to be loaded down.

Bronco does a nice job of protecting the shell of the vehicle, sending it in this protective box and the decals look nice, not too many but I dont think you need anymore than what they give you. The instruction booklet is awesome and has some color instructions and great detail.

If the tires are similar to the ones in the Buffalo kit, and they look like it, I wouldn't worry too much. But this is also coming from the guy who just spent $100 Def Model resin wheels for the M1070.... ::) Whoopss

I've got to do some research on the net and see what else is out there for after market products. I will probably pick up a crew and tires but I'm not really sure what else they offer. I dont really plan on doing anything crazy with this build. Just a tan lightly weathered vehicle. I am probably going to play around with the undercarriage though and rust it up a bit.

adampolo13 said:
If the tires are similar to the ones in the Buffalo kit, and they look like it, I wouldn't worry too much. But this is also coming from the guy who just spent $100 Def Model resin wheels for the M1070.... ::) Whoopss
Wow, aren't there like 79 tires on that kit or something close? haha. Did you pick up the ones that are loaded?

Ya, he's a good guy to have around. I guess we'll keep him.

When you think your gonna start this bad boy?

I saw the basic M1114 kit at a hobby shop today. Open box, but on sale for $35. Looking forward to this build.

adampolo13 said:
Ya, he's a good guy to have around. I guess we'll keep him.

When you think your gonna start this bad boy?
I am going to open up the sprues tonight and do a little layout. Im working on this while waiting for some of the final steps of my M1A2. I've got to finish the tracks on it and road wheels but I've got to weather those and thats a lot of waiting so I am going to start this as a filler.

Dusky said:
I saw the basic M1114 kit at a hobby shop today. Open box, but on sale for $35. Looking forward to this build.
I was up in the air on which one to get when I bought this but ended up going with this one. I would think they are mostly the same parts and for 35 bucks I'd pick that one up if I saw it.

letsgobrowns82 said:
I was up in the air on which one to get when I bought this but ended up going with this one. I would think they are mostly the same parts and for 35 bucks I'd pick that one up if I saw it.

If you want it , try giving them a call asap tomorrow morning. It's the Graceland Store. http://www.hobbylandstores.com/contact.php

They might ship, but if not I can pick it up on my way through after Thanksgiving provided it is paid for, or I have the money to pay for it.

Brown, you might need to get the sagged tires on this one this will add details on the kit.

Eastrock said:
Brown, you might need to get the sagged tires on this one this will add details on the kit.
Definitely, I have been looking at those online and for the 16 bucks I think its worth it. They really add a realistic feel to the kits.

If you want it , try giving them a call asap tomorrow morning. It's the Graceland Store. http://www.hobbylandstores.com/contact.php

They might ship, but if not I can pick it up on my way through after Thanksgiving provided it is paid for, or I have the money to pay for it.
[/quote]I will give them a call in the morning and see what it would take, thanks for the heads up!!!!!!

I'm also planning to get a upgrade on the Academy M1151 but I had to finish some queens before I grab and rip the box open ;D

Thats a great looking kit as well. I was torn when I bought this one because there is also the M1114 without the Heavy Armor and then the Academy M1151 as well. In the end I went with this saying that I would probably buy the M1151 later.

Latest posts

Back