Bronco M1114 Up-Armored HA

probably get one, the details is also crisp except for the wheels... ;D

I was also planning for the bronco but I might the Panda kit instead

Sorry I missed out seeing this one Aaron!! Very nice choice!! Count me in on watching !!!

TRM said:
Sorry I missed out seeing this one Aaron!! Very nice choice!! Count me in on watching !!!
Great, I'm sure I'll have to pick your brain a little here and there. If thats okay of course. ;D ;D ;D

andrei383 said:
cool choice of kit! i will be watching this since i have yet to add a Humvee to my stash!
Well if your looking for a Humvee I would definitely recommend this kit but I havent seen the others in person so maybe there is something out there better, I dont know. I have heard good things about the Academy M1151 kit and I think its half the price at around 30 dollars.

Start it yet? ;D

If you want to go overboard with it you could always get one of the Voyager sets.

adampolo13 said:
All this talk about Humvee's is making me want one now!!!
Hey you better stay focused on that M1070 buddy ;D. I'm looking forward to you starting it before I get one so I can get a heads up on any issues with it lol.

adampolo13 said:
The Panda kit?

I heard the Panda M-ATV was really nice. At least compared to the Kinetic kit..

Adam, I've seen the kinetic kit from a friend, its really badly molded the MK19 is unusable its consist of two parts, a lot of fitting issue he almost scrap the kit, we've check the net for the PE details it cost more than the kit, if the Panda kit is a problem what more to a kinetic kit.

Well Brown started the humvee fever :p

Adam, I've seen the kinetic kit from a friend, its really badly molded the MK19 is unusable its consist of two parts, a lot of fitting issue he almost scrap the kit, we've check the net for the PE details it cost more than the kit, if the Panda kit is a problem what more to a kinetic kit.

Well Brown started the humvee fever :p
[/quote]Man that sucks because I love the M-ATV and I would like to get one but I've been torn on what one to get. Some say the panda isnt that great and I watched Norm's youtube vids and he definitely had issues with the Kinetic. Oh and sorry about the Humvee fever. MY BAD :(

Hey LGB82!!

Nice thread you got started here. I really like how you gave a quick overview of the kit before starting it.
It's a small world as I got one of these sitting on my self as well. I'm planning on doing an EOD version circa Iraq that I saw during my last deployment to that lovely spot. Gotz some figys from Legend and Blackdog and the little EOD bot from AFV. I also picked up some DEF model weighted tires from Sprue Brothers so give them a look if you haven't already.

BTW check out a show called "Bomb Patrol" on G4tv, it has some good stuff that will help inspire!

Looking forward to see this one moving on down the road!

errains said:
Hey LGB82!!

Nice thread you got started here. I really like how you gave a quick overview of the kit before starting it.
It's a small world as I got one of these sitting on my self as well. I'm planning on doing an EOD version circa Iraq that I saw during my last deployment to that lovely spot. Gotz some figys from Legend and Blackdog and the little EOD bot from AFV. I also picked up some DEF model weighted tires from Sprue Brothers so give them a look if you haven't already.

BTW check out a show called "Bomb Patrol" on G4tv, it has some good stuff that will help inspire!

Looking forward to see this one moving on down the road!
Hey thanks Errains, I was going to post some pics of my progress and then I realized that between work and shopping for Secret Santa I have absolutely 0 Progress to report. :( I am going to look into the tire sets they sell, in fact Im on spruebrothers right now. I will check out that link you sent too. Last and most importantly thanks for your service. I'm a vet too but I never went to the sand box in my 6 1/2 years. I dont think enough people thank you guys that have to go over there!

Thanks Bro I am happy to have worked in the service of the American citizen. But it's the military members and Civilians who where injured or gave there life are the ones who truly deserve our THANKS and support! And don't sell yourself sort as the support you provided, directly or indirectly, is just as important as being in theater.

Good luck with your Secret Santa.
BTW the only bad thing a about the show "Bomb Patrol" is that its Navy EOD ::) Us AF peeps got to stick together man!

Thank you both for your service!!!

In regards to EOD and the sand box.. one of my good friends was on his 2nd deployment in the Stan last year and his Humvee hit an I.E.D. Lost almost all his teeth, he was the lucky one. All I have to say is thank God for the men and women of EOD. I can only imagine how many more men and women would be hurt without the EOD's....

Anyways... on a good note, I have a good friend who was in the Stan last year who came home and was a Mk. 19 gunner. He is willing to give me a ton of reference pics if I build another M-ATV. I did build the Kinetic kit and it was a P.I.A. Although, it did get messed up in the move so I may build another one. hahahahahaha.

adampolo13 said:
Thank you both for your service!!!

In regards to EOD and the sand box.. one of my good friends was on his 2nd deployment in the Stan last year and his Humvee hit an I.E.D. Lost almost all his teeth, he was the lucky one. All I have to say is thank God for the men and women of EOD. I can only imagine how many more men and women would be hurt without the EOD's....

Anyways... on a good note, I have a good friend who was in the Stan last year who came home and was a Mk. 19 gunner. He is willing to give me a ton of reference pics if I build another M-ATV. I did build the Kinetic kit and it was a P.I.A. Although, it did get messed up in the move so I may build another one. hahahahahaha.
Thats horrible to go through something like that. Atleast he made it out alive though. What were your thoughts on the Kinetic, Ive been thinking about the Panda but its kinda hard to find solid reviews online of it. They are sweet looking vehicles but I dont want to spend that kind of money and then have it all screwed up.

The thing that really drove me nuts about the Kinetic kit was my attitude going in to it. I put myself under too much pressure and didn't have fun with it. Oh, back to the kit, the kit had fit issues and lots of flash and the interior lacks ALL the detail. If I do it again, I'll def get the Kinetic kit with the Eduard Big Ed set, and a set of resin wheels.

That or I'll build an Up-Armored Humvee like the one you got going. haha

adampolo13 said:
The thing that really drove me nuts about the Kinetic kit was my attitude going in to it. I put myself under too much pressure and didn't have fun with it. Oh, back to the kit, the kit had fit issues and lots of flash and the interior lacks ALL the detail. If I do it again, I'll def get the Kinetic kit with the Eduard Big Ed set, and a set of resin wheels.

That or I'll build an Up-Armored Humvee like the one you got going. haha
Yeah if I were to pick one up I am definitely leaning towards the kinetic even though it has some fit issues. From some of the reviews I've been reading online the Panda is for some reason a lot smaller in a lot of areas but has a little better detail to the chassis and a couple other places are more accurate like the fenders and hood. I havent really gotten to crack into this Humvee yet and its killing me!!!!! This kit is sweet and I can definitely say its worth the money!

Latest posts

Back