Bronco M1114 Up-Armored HA

LGB82;

Great start on you Humvee!!
Nice catch with the mislabeled instructions. I'll make not of this and place into my kit box for when I start mine.

As for the Blackdog Figys may I suggest Dragon-Hobby on ebay. I know not everyone is comfortable with doing business on there but I never had a problem from the retailer. As for needing a Paypal account, Paypal now offers an option to pay without one, ie normally with a credit card. Give this look, this guy has alot of good stuff and I normally get my order in 3-4 work days.

adampolo13 said:
That's all you've done??? You really must be slacking!!! J.K. obviously. Glad to see you got that Axel problem sorted out. I'm not too sure what to tell you about the undercarriage, but if it were me I'd try to build as much of it as I could and paint it as one unit. After putting the 88 together I definitely like building as much as I can...

really clean progress you got done tonight.

P.S. Where is Norm's video, I couldn't find it on his youtube page.
I'm nowhere near done for the night Adam ;D I just started. I'm bouncing back and forth between this and the road wheels on the M1. Heres a link to Norm's review of this kit.
In Box Review of Bronco M1114 up armored HA hummer

errains said:
LGB82;

Great start on you Humvee!!
Nice catch with the mislabeled instructions. I'll make not of this and place into my kit box for when I start mine.

As for the Blackdog Figys may I suggest Dragon-Hobby on ebay. I know not everyone is comfortable with doing business on there but I never had a problem from the retailer. As for needing a Paypal account, Paypal now offers an option to pay without one, ie normally with a credit card. Give this look, this guy has alot of good stuff and I normally get my order in 3-4 work days.
Oh my gosh I love Ebay. I have purchased most of my stuff through Ebay. I did almost all my Christmas shopping on Ebay last year. I will check out that Dragon-Hobby. Thanks for the heads up.

Are you going to do some figures??? I need to figure out where to get some 1/35 ACU Digital Camo decals....

Okay, I have to retract my statement about the axles. I really looks like when you put it together the transmission and rear axle wont line up. But once I got to the front axle I was screwed and that wouldnt line up with the transfer case. So I had to rip it apart and swap around the axles. So follow the instructions. The only complaint I have is that the engine sits at an angle and not parallel with the frame. Maybe this is correct to the real vehicle but I wouldnt think they would mount an engine on an angle like that.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I forgot to mention that other than my screw up with the axles, the fit so far has been great. There is minimal flash and the ejector pin marks are almost always on the side of the part that you wont see. Great job by Bronco so far.

Some days its trial and effort...but you got a handle on it now it seems!! Looks pretty good!!! ;)

Thanks TRM! Okay well I've got another issue with this kit now. The fuel tank is molded in two halves and when you put them together it bends around the drive shaft. You would think they would mold this so that its fully enclosed. Instead you can see a HUGE gap in the tank. The picture is from top looking down which you wont see when the cab is on but even from the underside you see it. I dont understand why they would do this. Im going to have do fill this all in with putty. ???

letsgobrowns82 said:
Adam, I've seen the kinetic kit from a friend, its really badly molded the MK19 is unusable its consist of two parts, a lot of fitting issue he almost scrap the kit, we've check the net for the PE details it cost more than the kit, if the Panda kit is a problem what more to a kinetic kit.

Well Brown started the humvee fever :p
Man that sucks because I love the M-ATV and I would like to get one but I've been torn on what one to get. Some say the panda isnt that great and I watched Norm's youtube vids and he definitely had issues with the Kinetic. Oh and sorry about the Humvee fever. MY BAD :(
[/quote]

Apologies for replying late, Brown for me Panda is the better kit, just have to buy the AM wheels and a bit of cards tricks and strips would greatly improve the kit. Plan to get one probably next month after I finished with the LAV.

Okay well I am working on filling this vast expanse. Its actually going pretty well. I just thinned down some Squadron Green Putty with some acetone just enough to where it would suck up into my paint dropper. I just poured it into both sides and already its a huge improvement. I have to let the two seperate pieces dry now and then I will glue them together. Once glued together I will pour a little more in and presto chango the gap will be gone!

Well this problem has been solved. I really thought it wasnt going to be that easy. After glueing the two halves together I mixed up a little more putty and acetone. I poured in a little more than was needed and took a q-tip dipped in acetone to smooth away the excess and shape the dip around the drive shaft.

Onto the very next step and I have a small complaint. I dont mean to sound to naggy about the kit but for those of you following, I'm just pointing out some of the downfalls. Anyways normally when you mold something in several pieces its so you can get all the detail in. Im not really sure what the point of molding the muffler or catalytic converter actually in four seperate pieces because the fit here is horrible. Once again its an easy fix with some putty and acetone though.

Pointing out the bad points to the kit is not actually a bad thing! Certainly will help others along the way to correct issues before they get to that point...unfortunately you end up being the test bed!! You seem to be fixing these short coming well btw...I am thinking that they (kit designer) planned on no one looking at this from the bottom. Keep plugging away!!! ;D

Thanks TRM!! I dont mind being the test dummy for this kit I guess. I am planning on Adam being the test dummy for the M1070/M1000 ;D

Okay well the "sagged tire set" is out of stock on spruebrothers so I have decided to atleast build these tires and paint them up to see how they look. I'm not saying I wont still order the other wheels I'm just going to give the kit wheels a chance.

I was thinking we might use Adam "just for a test dummy alone" ::).........LOL!! Sorry Adam...could't resist!!! (now I know I am getting coal in my stocking) ;D

Have at the wheels!! If you don't have to buy the AM, then don't. You can try to sag these yourself a bit. A small pan with hot water over the burner....carefully....depress the tire in the upright position downward to the bottom of the pan....should slightly bulge the tire. A couple of light presses should do the trick. Too much and the tire would appear flat obviously. Just a thought!! Keep the fire lit!!

TRM said:
I was thinking we might use Adam "just for a test dummy alone"

Don't worry TRM, your not the first one to suggest this...

Hahaha

Aaron, great progress so far!!!

letsgobrowns82 said:
No worries ER. Start that Panda though so I can follow your build and check out the kit. ;D

Will do Sir, but I'll plan to buy it in December a gift for myself.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back