Bronco M1114 Up-Armored HA

adampolo13 said:
Get after it Hoss!!!!!!! Haha.

I say start tomorrow!!!
Definitely!! I've got breakfast with the in-laws in the morning but tomorrow afternoon these sprue bags are getting ripped open like pack of lions attacking a gazelle. ;D

Aaron, seems have similar taste in armor :). First the M1A2 and now this........you stalking me? :). This is a great kit, im looking forward to starting it. What tires are you looking at? also, please post if you find a good crew for this, i havent had much luck.

Dlesko said:
Aaron, seems have similar taste in armor :). First the M1A2 and now this........you stalking me? :). This is a great kit, im looking forward to starting it. What tires are you looking at? also, please post if you find a good crew for this, i havent had much luck.
Haha, I didnt realize I was stalking you ;D I was looking on spruebrothers at the tires by Def.models but they are sold out right now. They go for 15.99. I am going to look into some crew figures and if I find some I will definitely send you a link.

Two (2) things.

1. Aaron, why are you posting and note building??? I expect update pictures A.S.A.P. No Slacking!!! Hahaha
2. Check out these guys for figures. They are sweet!

http://www.blackdog.cz/

That's all for now.

adampolo13 said:
Two (2) things.

1. Aaron, why are you posting and note building??? I expect update pictures A.S.A.P. No Slacking!!! Hahaha
2. Check out these guys for figures. They are sweet!

http://www.blackdog.cz/

That's all for now.
Adam you slave driver!!!! lol. I cant yet I am watching my son so my wife can take a nap. This afternoon I have time scheduled to build,, I will get some pics up tonight. ;D Great figures, thats definitely where I will have to order from.

Dusky said:
HobbyLinkJapan and LuckyModel have all kinds of stuff for Bronco's Humvees. : :D
I have never ordered from either one of those. I know that a lot of people use LuckyModel but I am just hesitant to try an out of country business.

I've used both multiple times with no issues. I usually receive my orders within 2 to 3 weeks and the shipping cost is about the same as US shipping. Just make sure you only order "In Stock" items on Lucky Model. "Available" means they might be able to order the item or they might not.

Good to know. I know they have some stuff that you cant find on the websites here in the states. So if I have to give them a try I'm glad to hear people say they havent had issues with them.

letsgobrowns82 said:
I am just hesitant to try an out of country business.

I try to always order from the U.S.A, but sometimes I do order from Canada. The only time I've ever ordered from overseas is when I bought my CH-53E. Took FOREVER to get here.

I've ordered from Hong Kong, Taiwan, Germany, Czech Rep., Ukraine, Japan, Canada, and a couple other countries. No issues so far, but it can take awhile sometimes. Though, I've never waited longer than about a month.

Okay, I finally have some time to get into this Humvee. Now I remembered watching Norm's youtube video on this and he said he had a problem with the axles. I took my time here and studied it and found that they have the rear axle and front axle labeled wrong.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Here in the first picture you'll see that if you put in the correct rear axle (part A 39) it is inline with the transmission. The second picture shows what happens if you follow the instruction and put part A 40 in. It ends up being out of alignment. This is really easy to do because the parts are so similar.

I have now sorted out the error and have the front and rear assemblies together. I'm not sure how much of the chassis to assemble at once. Any advice out there? Should I paint the sub-assemblies seperately and then put the chassis together or put it all together and then paint it. I've not incountered this situation since this is my first armor build with an undercarriage. Let me know your thoughts please.

That's all you've done??? You really must be slacking!!! J.K. obviously. Glad to see you got that Axel problem sorted out. I'm not too sure what to tell you about the undercarriage, but if it were me I'd try to build as much of it as I could and paint it as one unit. After putting the 88 together I definitely like building as much as I can...

really clean progress you got done tonight.

P.S. Where is Norm's video, I couldn't find it on his youtube page.

Latest posts

Back