Bronco M1114 Up-Armored HA

Much appreciated everyone! Well I shot this with AK dark steel for a base color that I want to show when I chip it and I think it will work well for the pre shading but we'll see. Thanks for following along.

[attachment deleted by admin]

That's gonna take a ton of OIF/OEF to cover! Regardless, it looks awesome and I hope your chipping endeavors go smoothly!

TBadger said:
That's gonna take a ton of OIF/OEF to cover! Regardless, it looks awesome and I hope your chipping endeavors go smoothly!
Yeah, I did some test pieces with the OIF/OEF and I thought it was to light looking so I was thinking that this will help darken up the color. But I have two bottles so however much it takes to get the right shade is fine with me.

Brings back memories! Can't wait to see it done. What type of weapon system are you gonna put on it? I had a .50 cal on mine....Nothing like old faithful ;D OOPS didn't see the Mk19 up there. My vision is failing ???

Dagger6actual said:
this is looking saaweeet!! :D
Hey, the Browns have a new coach!!
Yeah, an Ohio native and lifetime Browns fan! I hope he doesnt suck like everyone else who comes here.

Man, this kit is nice. I need to grab me couple if I can. You are doing great. Interesting that painted the base black before paint your main color. I'll follow to see the final result. Keep up the good work.

Mike

Well I sprayed three coats of AK Worn Effects, then used the OIF/OEF tan by AK and finally started playing around witht the chipping. This is my first time using the AK Worn Effects and it seems easy enough. I might have gone a little overboard with the chipping but I think that once I weather it and add rust to some of the spots it will tone down the contrast a bit. Thanks for following.

I don't think it's overboard at all on the chipping....some might be in some odd spots but I'm impressed with how even and true the OEF job came out. That black really did warm up the final product

Ok so its been a little while since I've posted an update and here is where I'm at. It's close but there is a ton of small detail to finish. I threw the wheels on but as you can see they are not done yet I have to redo the black and then add dirt to them. I also still have to finish scratching the side mirrors for the doors and other odds and ends. I also have 2 figures that I want to put with this on a small base. This will be my first base but I am planning on opening the two front doors and having the figures posed as if they stopped to check something out. Well here's where its at.

Latest posts

Back