Bronco M1114 Up-Armored HA

Have seen a lot of these vehicles, hummers, trucks and tracks of all types on Ft Hood as they come in from the field just filthy....your glass looks great! Less is more sometimes and this looks so real...cudos!

Finally! It seems like forever since I updated this build. Anyways here are some shots of the chassis. A little weathering was done with AK products and I tried out the Tensocrom sets that I got as well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Here the interior that I've been working on. I want it to be nice and dirty. I am still going to go over it once more with the AK Dust effects and maybe hit it once more with the Tensocrom sand in the back by the tail gate. This is my first time using the tensocrom set so it a bit of a learning curve but so far I like the stuff. Learning how much to apply is the trick and I've found light coats are better because you can always add a 2nd or 3rd to increase the effect. Anyways thanks for stopping by.

Thanks for the kind words TRM, geegad, ER, and Adam. I've got a four day weekend coming up so I hope to get some more done on this.

Okay well I've been at this for a little while now with weathering the under carriage and now with these mirrors. The part that the kit supplies for the mirror brackets really sucks and the mirrors looked terrrible in them. It was just really unclean and sloppy so I decided to get some brass rod and make new ones. Heres a few pics of the process so far.

So here are the mirros now. I thinned down some squadron green putty and tomorrow I am going to have to sand them to shape but I think they are going to turn out pretty nice.

Now here are some pics of the underside and over all where I'm at. For such a small kit its really time consuming. Maybe I have just been busier than normal though. Anyways I have a ton of different layers on the underside and I have a few more to put on. I've been experimenting with the Tensocrom and then put over that some of my AK stuff. A couple more layers and I think I will call it good.

Small kit maybe, but filled with detail!! Looking great Aaron!! Undercarriage is certainly shaping up!!! Kepp it going!!! ;)

Awesome build man! Some solid weathering work on that frame and interior too! Keep rocking!

Thanks everyone. Well the mirrors are finally done well except for a few more coats of mr surfacer. They took me forever to do since I really dont scratch a lot of stuff but I'm slowly getting more into it. Thanks for looking.

Thanks ER! Well I've now begun the doors which are extremely well detailed. Each door contains 18 pieces to complete the assembly. They are a little time consuming, I only have one done and it took about an hour to make but they are well worth it. They even have to individual panes of glass for the windows.

Those doors are nicely detailed, nice work on this kit so far. Looking forward to following your progress.

Latest posts

Back