Blohm & Voss BV 155V-1

urumomo

I popped the canopy off and removed some material from the fuselage to improve the fit ,,, well , the canopy no longer sits with the right side high but the fit is still awful .
Now to repaint and reattach the canopy .

QiuOkq8.jpg
svHnzCU.jpg

BLT

The tail-end of the fuselage has a little twist to it -- not very much and I'm not investing heat-energy and time into correcting it ,
But The tail kept looking totally wack while I've been working on it .

When I installed the horizontal stabilizers I aligned them as best I could considering how poorly they fit .
I aligned them along their leading edge and square with the tail even though that isn't exactly square with the wing since that grouping would be more visible .

Eh .
So another crazy .
The stabilizers are molded differently :D
Not only in their shape but the rake in the right elevator is more pronounced , between the inboard and outboard hinge-points . ---- that's the line my eyes kept seeing o_Oo_O

O7AXF9l.jpg
One would think it a ertl kit...

And I thought those old Starwars kits where bad.

So satisfying tho, to beat the bad fit and make it look good. Great job on this.

BLT

Lot of special kits... I just stumbled on the Sunderland. I won't be ordering from cuz I'm in a different country. But lot cool kits.

I just realized that I can build flying boats now... I love those things, I get all teary-eyed thinking about the weathering!

BLT

Dude... That is just cool. Those are really cool.

The Danish royal airforce used the Catalina up into the mid 80's I think...

I have a huge 1:48 cat from revell, that I newer got around to building...

Oh my... I actually forgot I had that one.

I think I know what my next build will be!

BLT

Haha...

My uncle had that one... It was just crazy. In those days tho he just hand painted the canopy. I was just a kid so I didn't know any better. Must have been 40 years ago.

How time flies!

urumomo

Maaan , I was coming home from a friend's yesterday evening and I hear a bunch of turbofan action approaching so I'm craning my head all around looking for where it is cuz it sounds right on top of me ,, , then Zooom , yep ,directly over my head -- barely scraping 500 feet , a C-130 :D
Wasn't expecting that .
He was flying right along the road I was on so I got to watch him fly out of sight .
No loud booms or smoke columns afterwards so I assume he made it ;):p

So back to this thing ,
I bonded the canopy down using acrylic medium .
I don't like any of the acrylic putties , so I was counting on the canopy being dipped in " Future " and the joint with the fuselage filled with more plastic protecting the clear poly from the lacquer putty .

I pulled the masking to check on things , now to re-mask and clean it up .

rwjoAw8.jpg
P4rmaiR.jpg
7A4pO2D.jpg
oI2B3Ob.jpg
lfAg0sq.jpg

Heh :D , looking different-bad now .
No problemO

BLT

Oh man... You literally sculpted some of the fuselage to fit the canopy! Oh well same on my ch53 I guess.

Is Tamiya putty ur favorite? I've only used the Vallejo one... Which is fine, but it doesn't harden as much as I'd like.

urumomo

Yeah , the Vallejo acrylic putty , all the acrylic putties , can't harden like the lacquer putty .
I have a little bottle of the Vallejo and a tube of AK's - which is a polyurethane mix - for when I need to avoid the solvent in the Tamiya putty .
So far I prefer Tamiya's over all the ones I've used .

Latest posts