Blohm & Voss BV 155V-1

Most interesting project here urumomo, sir.
We were just talking about putties before, eh?
Not quite as familiar with this type as the similar
Arado 240 was it? Nowhere near the stork like
wing span as this. Very elegant, you could say.
Was it a one off prototype?

Edit: just read a quick wiki on it. 50,000+ feet
is near space. Awesome

Last edited:
Yes , there's video and links plus the kit's info at the beginning of the thread .
They supposedly built 3

Aight
need to finish this canopy work then I can finally put some color on her .
:D Back in December I pulled this out for it's low part count since I just wanted something to paint .
4 months later

rpy0wJU.jpg

I'm thinking of doing the camo like the lower Stuka :

FrowTae.jpg

I'm open to suggestions .
That box-art scheme is too boring :D

Last edited:
No matter tank or aircraft, German camo patterns are fun and difficult to choose just one. However, I love me some Haunebu pattern
haunebu11.jpg

I was guessing that rectangular hole in the underside of the wing that I filled could be an ejection port but it was only on that one side and this kit has no gun barrels .

And alas ,
Scale Hobbyist has added this kit : https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catag...&ppp=48&sb=stocknumber&so=a&e=1&sc=72&man=SPH

You can see the opening on both wings now and they are aligned with the gun placement .
It looks like this kit excludes the giant scope and adds only the gun barrels protruding from the leading edge of the wings .
Maybe a much smaller scope ? Hard to tell .

SPH00072372_3_d.jpg

200w.gif

I decided to go with camo along these lines :

BHrsw3Y.jpg

I've ordered paints specifically for it .

And

I was forced to order this one : https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catag...-clear-nose/HBB00080377/product.php?kw=me-262
They wouldn't ship my order if I didn't ;)

HBB00080377_0_d.jpg

evidently this above 262's final moments existing .
never even got to drop it's bombs

p51-50-cal.gif
CompassionateYellowishEel-max-1mb.gif
So they practically forced your hand?

Well... You had no choice then, everyone can see that!

Happens to me all the time, I'll have to mention this to the miss tho, she thinks I'm doing something wrong!

Getting back to this canopy work finally .
First thing I see is a tiny white something stuck to the INSIDE of the canopy - right in the middle of the right side .
What tha ?

Removing the canopy isn't an option - not a sane one .

Luckily there is not much between the front end of the fuselage and the cockpit .
and the hole for mounting the prop is just big enough for a tiny swab ( Tamiya , extra small round )

As soon as I touched the contaminant it vanished . I don't know if it stuck to the swab or fell into the cockpit .
I drummed my fingers atop the engine cowling and tilted the nose down repeatedly so maybe whatever it was fell down into the nose or at least stuck to something else if it was still in there .
The prop will go on after all the paint work is done , that's for sure :D

A19CRy4.jpg
F3Q4HBL.jpg

The paints for the occasion -
Newly acquired paint on the left :

c0yLchy.jpg

Last edited:
Another month ?!
I haven't abandoned this thing . Yet :D
Been picking at the canopy / fuselage joint . I had to putty up onto the clear to float it out to establish a new profile that works .
Ready to scribe the new canopy joint and restore the panel lines and details .

I just recently modified the handle on that 3X magnifier and attached it to that old , disused balance arm .
FANTASTIC !
What a difference .

YDiNrtm.jpg
qfa18KE.jpg
t8UgMPJ.jpg

The Giant-Scope is covered in liquid mask so it looks funky .

myGeutx.jpg

Latest posts

Back