Bad Kitty!! - Completed!

Re: Bad Kitty!!

Thanks Tony...shooting as light as I can sometimes. But on the other hand the thicker chips give me a little more depth too. Fine line to walk! ;)

Thanks Chris! Well, you could say a "tri-color". ::) (Below)

Thank you Adam!!! LOL...have not even begun to rust yet. That come in a short while!! ;)

Disclaimer....below is my update.....sorry it's long winded.....damn I need to find a hobby!! :p

Hello Gentlemen!!!

After a little yard work in the loverly October heat, I played around a little more on the kitty. If an effort to not bore you to bad, I will try to make this as quick and painless as possible.

After covering up the chipping somewhat last night, I need to chip back into it. Some of the tools of the trade as well….

1%252520189.jpg

1%252520204.jpg

Ok then, as fore mentioned earlier, I was heading down the path of some camo. I started spraying down a nice pattern using some Life Color Red Brown and light green (I will not attempt to bastardize the German words for these colors) Anyway, I thought it looked a little busy. So I let it sit and dry…still busy and just not right. So We (meaning me myself and I) took on a new adventure. Stripping back the camo to leave a hint of what was there. In most pictures , I personally, can barely make out some of the field applied camo due to fading and general wear-n-tear. So me and the Kitty had a bath!!

1%252520206.jpg

1%252520208.jpg

So now I have the extreme fading of the camo…hints of the green and red brown coloring. Still not too worried at this point even with the brightness and incongruence of the surface. A 90/10 mixture of the flesh again….

1%252520217.jpg

and a quick scrub…

1%252520215.jpg

Now a filter for a slight blending…

1%252520221.jpg

1%252520222.jpg

And that is that for the night! I did have a tiny mishap with the turret. The first shot of camo was way to dark…so after laughing a bit, I strip out about 60% of it and re-shot some color, chipped it back and gave it a coat of clear…she is resting comfortably in the shop for the evening.

Tomorrow I will try to finish up the turret in the same manor and paint some rubber on the road wheels.

So much for a short update!!!

As always I enjoy the company…even if it’s for a short while!!

TBC….

sod the short update we want a bigger one ;D

looking good btw :)

This looks extremely realistic! That wheel has an amazing level of detail. I neglected to read the entire thread but are those paint chips done with steel wool?

Thanks Guys!! Appreciate the kindness!! ;)

If I can get the road wheels painted today...might even get some install!! I will be giving Ken's (Scalemodelmadman) tire painting technique a shot on this one! Used to spray with the circles but after seeing his method...sold!!

Cave_Dweller said:
This looks extremely realistic! That wheel has an amazing level of detail. I neglected to read the entire thread but are those paint chips done with steel wool?

Hiya Cave_Dweller!! - Understandable, not reading it..LOL...Loooong winded as usual!! ::) No steel wool, sorry. In the first picture are most of what I use. A couple of Pick tools, toothpicks and some really neat Q-tip (buds) that I believe Tamiya makes. They are harder that the regulars Q-tips ans they have this awesome little point on them. Just a little water to soften up the Acrylic and pick pick pick, scrub scrub scrub! ;)

dont for get to mention the hair spary before hand!

LOL...Thanks Spud!! Yeah, that would suck! :p

...After to getting the base coat were you want it, let it cure, clear coat what you have done, let that cure, then spray down pretty much whatever hairspray you can confiscate from wife, daughter, friend, neighbor and break down and buy some. Depending on the thickness of the coat of hair spray, depends on the results you get from chipping. With a damp paint brush, wet the area "lightly" allow a few seconds for the the to work as a solvent and soften the paint.

Remember:

Light coats of H.S. will give you more of a speckled small chipping effect and allows you to scrub a bit to work some areas...heavy coat will give you larger chips and can even get some crackling effects and will come off a lot easier.

;)

Thank you G!! ;)

OK, I'll spare you the satire of a long wordy update....

Down to the dirt of things....

With the turret finished...now I get to start playing!!!

Dusting coats...

1%252520254.jpg

Stipple stipple stipple and a little unconventional but what the heck...

1%252520256.jpg

A little AK Dark Steel Pigments...

1%252520257.jpg

More Rust...........

1%252520260.jpg

Stipple stipple stipple, rub rub...(wink wink nudge nudge say no more...for my UK Friends ;D )

1%252520261.jpg

1%252520264.jpg

Had to play with the AK Steel pigments... ;D

1%252520268.jpg

1%252520270.jpg

Next stop, some clear coat, maybe a couple decs?? and on to some weathering finally!! ::) (LOL...I did just say that!!)

As always, thanks for hanging out!! ;)

Yip ...It looks good here too ;D I love what you're doing with this T ,excellent work too my friend ,Alclads ? thats a bit different !

Chris.

wow that ak steel pig is Epic gona order me some o that. and she be looking purrrrdy

Thank ya kindly Sir Chris!! Alclads?? You should see me make soup...just grab anything off the shelf and throw it in there!! :eek:

Tony - "here kitty kitty"!!! ;D THX!!!

Spud - That would be a wise investment!!! Those point I hit with the tip of one of my sharp Q-tips. Dab your finger in some and lightly rub across some weld lines of the simulated cut steel..Holy S**T!! Looked gret on the kitchen table too, when I drop a small chump and tried to wipe it up!! ::) FYI, dab of paint thinner took it right off!!! ;D

lol mabe you should invest in a cutting mat then :)

spud said:
lol mabe you should invest in a cutting mat then :)

Or a news paper.....LOL

T, That looks AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back