Bad Kitty!! - Completed!

Re: Bad Kitty!!

We're not going to be made to wait too long are we "T"?

I think I know what you're up to.

Maybe not
Tony lee

RocketSilo said:
you know,after watching a few builds ,I'm convinced into getting some tank models ... It seems like they are so easy and worry free .
simply assemble the whole thing(maybe add some photoetch) , spray it in one or two settings... dabble on some weathering .done.

LOL @ dabble on some weathering. ;D

Maybe a bit simplified there, although it depends on what you are looking to achieve I guess? My Finders Keepers build took me two months of steady work and many, many layers of different effects.

Although I look at planes and cars and think pffft, that looks so much easier and less troublesome than armor.

I guess it's all relative. ;)

TRM said:
Here is a bit of an update.

Understatement of the week T, that is looking way cool. Nice update, can't wait to see more.

8)

lol tank models easy.... well depends on what you want to do with it realy the weathering is prob teh hardest part actulay it is just look at chris's marder

Now things are getting interesting here. Love the chipping T.

:D :D :D :D yeah Ken, just slap on some weathering and call it a day bro. ;D

Nice chips ;D....we like chips , coming on sweet T ;)

Chris.

spud said:
lol tank models easy.... well depends on what you want to do with it realy the weathering is prob teh hardest part actulay it is just look at chris's marder

lol.. yeah I mean for a beginner tank modeler ,a nice tank could be made ..with relatively less stresing over a perfect shiny car .
I know it's what you want to put into it and can be very detailed,complex and time consuming.
I'm thinking a tank would be a nice change and less aggravating than the shiny car models I've been doing lately.
not to take anything away from the hard work you guys put into your armor models.
I'm far,far from that level of craftsmanship. :) I've never built a tank
I find all these great builds inspiring

i see what your saying and change is always good. once i get trough my list of kits i have a 15year old Tamiya Williams FW14b F1 car to build 1/12 scale :)

She's looking good.
I've always envied the guys who can do this level of weathering

Good morning fellas!! (for some of us anyway)...good afternoon/evening for all the rest!! ;D

Thanks.... Spud
........................Erik
.............................Tony - Think you know??, please let me know...I don't even know :p
...................................Ken
........................................Rob
.............................................Roman
.......................................................Mr. S
.............................................................Andy - Have at it!! Thinking you'll like building a little armor!! ;)
.......................................................................Q

I appreciate all those kind words as well as the discussion!! Andy, I think you really need to go for it!! Tanks can be forgiving...mess something up, you can dent it more or add some rust, cover it with stowage, mud..on and on! 8)

Sorry I haven't been back earlier to comment/update. Bit of an issue in the computer world here. I think I have beat it into submission...the computer that is!! ::)

Now for an update. First if you thought the chipping was going ok...well this may turn you off a bit ;D Last night I shot on some highlights to the horizontal panels. Two separate coats, for obvious reasons, a lot of the chipping get semi-covered up!

First layer

1%252520175.jpg

Second layer

1%252520185.jpg

1%252520178.jpg

It was subtle layers, but some re-chipping will be done. I am thinking it is bringing out some nice tone so far. No washes/filters are streaking has been done as of yet. Soon though...I hope ;D I was able to finish up the chipping last night on the hull and on the wheels this morning. (sorry no pics yet) I snap some shots and probably set up for a bit of camo maybe.....lol, then more chipping and rubbing!! :p

Thanks for hanging in there!!!

TBC... ;)

looks epic, did you shoot the flesh or mix it with the yellow?

Thank guys!!

Spud - Shot them individually. The Dark Yellow was mixed with Khaki in the first coat so the straight Dk Yellow has a slight lighter tinge to it. Then the Flesh was used, but it was cut about 70/30...70 being thinner. ;)

I was thinking you were going to do the multi layered hair spray weathering technique. ;D

I don't get paid to think
Tony lee ;)

You should get paid Tony...not only for your brilliant workmanship and rapier wit but most certainly for your understandings of the world that surrounds you!!

....Other words......Yup! ;D

I Got The Power :eek:
That's a great technique if you finesse the layers so you don't get too much paint build up.

May the Force be with you. ;D
Tony lee

Neat idea using the flesh T ;) looking forward to the camo . Tri tone ? ;D

Chris.

Latest posts

Back