Bad Kitty!! - Completed!

Re: Bad Kitty!!

LOL Spud!!! I think your right! ::)

BJ - There would need to be something inther to burn I think!! ;D

Thank you Roman! Appreciate it! ;)

Sorry buddy ,I missed the last bit too ::)

I think ya got that nailed !!! the salt worked well for ya ...looks 100% ;)

Chris.

Thanks Rob and Chris!! Back to a slower pace now. I have tools to finish up and tracks...and the base??? Hope to have something posted in a day or so!! ;)

I know how it goes bro, it's always and and and and and....all the little things that will call it done.

Thanks Erik!!! ;D I appreciate the compliment! Thanks for the footage as well!! Wow, I missed that History Channel episode!! A little chilling seeing to say the least seeing that kitty getting bombarded! Hat's off to the guys on both sides for having to ever have to go through that. Incredible footage!

Peace Brotha'!!

T ;)

wow thats some crazy clip. ive not seen that before

What's crazy , You can see the hits once it's fully in flame. 3 days ! I wonder how long it took to cool down ?

Great bit of footage !! Thats some shot just above the track !

Chris.

Your burned and destroyed area is very convincing. Even has the texture. You should be pleased. You deserve a cookie. ;D Actually, you deserve the whole bag. Good work.

Thanks Noname!! Sorry for the late reply..been busy lately and seemed to miss the post!! ;)

It may not seem like much but here comes an update!!

I recently received a nice little package from K4 Weathering Products. Over the next couple of weeks I will be playing around with the various pigments, catalysts, washes and oils. I am getting a jump start on the Kitty here.

I needed to bring out a little more orange tone on the burnt out section. Along with the rust manipulation I began the early stages of adding some smoke and ash to the scene.

This was what she looked like last, before applying some of the new K4 product!

1%252520460.jpg

I applied a little Black Smoke, Light & Dark Ash. I like how these are working out. I placed them dry, just stippling them in with a soft brush. They bite nicely. I soften some areas with a stiffer brush easily. After which I used some Rust, True Rust and light Rust. I placed them with the same application. They looked a touch to bright to start, but I stippled a little and them dabbed the rusted area a few time with a dampened brush with spirits.

1%252520650.jpg

A couple of shots of what I used...

1%252520656.jpg

1%252520654.jpg

Here are some shot of the soon to be base for the Kitty. Sorry for the pics guys, I took the first couple during the couple days we were without power from the Halloween Snowstorm.

1%252520597.jpg

1%252520603.jpg

This is what it looks like tonight...

1%252520667.jpg

1%252520670.jpg

I think this will "tighten" up a bit once I get some grout applied in the joints and begin some painting. Then some fun begins. I plan on giving the set of K4 Weathering products the once over on this. Rubble, dust, dirt and more....a lot more. Thanks Richard (K4) Stay tuned!! ;D

Thank you for stopping by!! ;)

Hey T, good to see this baby get an update. Love the new rusting and and man that road base came out great. :eek: With all the grouting, dust, dirt and debris...this i"ll be killer.

T my friend.
Thanks for posting my products.
Are very good your progress, good job in the mixture burn and rust.
The land looks good.
I send a pic to future projects is good machine to make land. Is a USB machine

USB.jpg

Tomorrow we speak.

Cheers

Richard

great work Todd, really like the enhancements with K4 products. Is it a commercial line?

Whoa god stuff T. You know that if you ever want to becoem a paver youve got the skills. Could you give some pointers to the montreal city workers ?? ;D

Everything is looking great. The tank looks good with great texture. The K-4 looks like it is really working out great. Look forward to trying some myself.

The pavement also looks good. Once painted and weathered this should be sharp.

Thank you guys!!

@Rob - Mixing the grout buddy!! Can't wait to start making some of the rubble!!!

@K4 - Thanks for the brick tool idea!! I will have to try this one! Looks like he used epoxy to fix the USB drive to a paint brush and slid a piece of styrene in the opening!! Gotta love the home tools!!!

@Biz - Thanks and at the moment, I think not, but certainly in the near future. Richard (K4) is the man to answer this one for you! ;) I will ask him myself tonight when we get together via Skype!!

@Neo - Thanks bud...just trying to catch up to you and the nice work on the F4. LOL..Motreal City Workers!!! LOL!!!!

nice update trm, K4 your stuff looks like good stuff

Latest posts

Back