Bad Kitty!! - Completed!

Re: Bad Kitty!!

Thank you Gentlemen!!! ;D

Got them tracks situated last night.....

1%252520097.jpg

I also began shooting down some color on the hull last night last night. (Pics a bit later). ::)

Thanks for having a LQQY!! ;)

Hiya Norm!! Thank you buddy!! Why no, they are "Bronco..I'm gonna get these because they are only $15 at the AMPS Show" tracks ;). I had never used these before...but I like em, movable is definately a nice thing!! ;D

Really good deal on those ! WOW ! that's a Steal ! Too bad I have already bought my replacement tracks for my Berge Panther from Fruil I would have like a set of those !!!

Keep up the good work ! that Kat is looking great !

Thanks again Norm! Hiya Ken!! ;)

Took about 1/2 hour to remove the pieces from the tree and clean them up, probably another 1/2 hr to 45 min to snap em together ( Not rushing either) . Did them in small sections first, 4-6 and then snapped those together. Had around 5 or 6 out of 172 that the little nub (fake track pins) that locks the tracks together, removed itself as they snap together. A little Tamiya thin did the trick and 99.5% is working great. Next time I might have to stock pile some of these when I see them!! ;D

Howdie

sorry for not dropping by sooner, but i must say this build is really cool, great rust effects

keep up the great work

shane

Hey there Shane!! Thanks for the compliment!! ;)

Back again!!! I think I mentioned earlier shooting some color on the kitty last night. Just the first of many stages, but some of the chipping from this part will invariably show through at some point.

1%252520113.jpg

1%252520098.jpg

With that out of the way and knowing I will be chipping for a while, I decided to get a start on them tracks. When I got home today, I shot down my Red Oxide/rust primer base.

1%252520114.jpg

Then I applied something new here. I received a small Badger Weathering set from the SMA contest and I figured I would have a go at one of them. Thin enough to shoot straight, no cutting, and not smelly at all. I like it! I chose this Weathered black because it appeared to have a slight bluish quality to it similar to steel and then I dusted a bit with some flat black to bring up some tonal highlights.

1%252520116.jpg

I am thinking that a little filter and washes will blend this altogether nicely. ;D

Back down to punch out some of that preliminary chipping so I can prepare to screw-up…I meant, shoot some camo…LOL !!!! I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SCHEME I WILL USE!!! ???

Thanks for checking up on me!! ;)

Thank you fellas!! ;D

@BJ - I like the tracks a lot. easy to work with, price is right and the workable factor...yeah, I will be looking for more of these in the future!! ;)

Oooh we got some Yellar ;D,, looks good T , I like the tracks too ,you like the Badger stuff then ?...I've still to try it .

Chris.

Thanks Chris! I do like the Badger Paint! Pretty smooth and ready to go, right out the bottle and it lays down decent! Still have a few others to break into! ;)

Thanks a bunch Tony!!! Hope to have a bit more later on today ;D

Thank you Roman!! ;D I will look into that as soon as I get back to the house tonight. Appreciate it!! ;)

good stuff TRM,

you know,after watching a few builds ,I'm convinced into getting some tank models ... It seems like they are so easy and worry free .
simply assemble the whole thing(maybe add some photoetch) , spray it in one or two settings... dabble on some weathering .done.

cars and planes are far more aggravating much the time for me.... this seems so much more relaxing, simple and relatively quicker..It would be a good break from the norm for me and I like painting/weathering

Thank you Andy!! ;) Go for it buddy!! They are fun and they can be rather quick too. Since they are inherently working vehicles, there is no worries about a shinny finish...however, careful...they can be just as addicting I think!! ::) Once you get a kit with a nice motor or interior, you'll find yourself right back in the same boat!! ;D

Hello gents!!

Here is a bit of an update. I finished…preliminary…chipping. So to bring things up to speed, step #8 hair spray, #9 base color, #10 was chipping and now 11..more clear coat. Tomorrow I will begin stages to shift some color and possibly add some camo (not a huge camo guy, so stick around for me to F something up). Blah Blah Blah…

Here is some of that preliminary chipping. As I go through some of the other paint stages, this will be better, hopefully, explained to why I am going this root

1%252520119.jpg

The chipping seems a bit erratic, heavy and choppy at the moment. After the next few coats go on, I will be able to bring back some of this chipping, but it will be more controlled.

1%252520122.jpg

1%252520128.jpg

I had one little set back, not too big of a deal. I noticed a bit of the barrel seam. I sanded it down already and base coated it again. With any luck the barrel will catch up with the rest of this tomorrow.

Thanks for coming along and please watch your step as you exit the bus!! ;)

Latest posts

Back