Academy 1/72 F/A-18A Hornet

One thing I have learned about scribing panel lines is that it does get much easier with practice! Have you tried giving those areas a quick brush down with a tooth brush? Might open them up a bit!

Yup, I'll be doing that when I clean her up tonight/tomorrow.. I have all week to spray, and I might try my hand at custom decal printing, mabye some mig-29 kills or something... As A21-3 never carried this loadout, I was just thinking, If a war started tomorrow and the RAAF was sent to defend parts of the asia pacific, what would it come up against... Mig-29s, Mig-21s, Su-27, F-16, F-15, J-7. The kills would be profiles of the aircraft and in the dark grey on the top half of the fuselage. I am thinking some J-7 kills as they are just upgraded Mig-21s and there are nearly 1000 of them in the asia-pacific region. So mabye some J-7 and Mig-29s...

Re: Academy 1/72 F/A-18A Hornet AN UPDATE!

All righty! You want da update, hera cometh thy update!
1. Custom decal draft has been completed. 1 x Nanchang Q-5 kill, May 2012 2 x Mig-29 Kill, August 2013, 1 x Mig-23 Kill, October 2014.
2. Them wings are givin me the irrits! But I should have them filled now, just needs some tweaking and silver paint to see where I've screwed up! 8)
3. I CAN SEE THE LIGHT! Now, It aint a true competition if you aint sittin' in the mancave on thursday night puttin' the final touches on would it? But I have decided to leave some things like the ladder until last, to give me enough time to actually finish the model!! OK MA101 out

P.S, Flaps/Elevators/Weapon rails will be added after painting!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nice decals!!! Keep the updates coming!

And I will be right there with you on that Thursday night finishing up my work as well....

Cool Decals MA!!! Your getting there....that light is getting closer buddy!!! ;)

Schedule
Primer - 25/06/11 ;D
Light Grey - 26/06/11 ;D
Dark Grey - 26/06/11 ;D
Future - 27/06/11 ;D
Decals - 28/06/11 ;D
Flat Coat - 29/06/11 ;D
Weathering - 30/06/11
Touch ups etc - 30/06/11

Schedules... I like! Organization is key, until it falls apart on you :-\

Not that it'll fall apart on you, I'm sure you'll finish on time!

The recovery you made on this kit is amazing, can't wait for the paint pictures!

Fruit said:
Schedules... I like! Organization is key, until it falls apart on you :-\

Not that it'll fall apart on you, I'm sure you'll finish on time!

The recovery you made on this kit is amazing, can't wait for the paint pictures!

Lol, the schedule's working... So far ;) future is on and she's ready for some decals! It's been a long time coming but the old gal might just make it! ;D ;D ;D ;D Ecstatic ladies and gents. There's a little bit of detail on the wing that I lost, but I'll just have to make do, cos this baby's not stoppin for anyone.

P.S I may try and fix it if I have time, but since im based in Australia, does that allow me 17 extra hours? ::)

Latest posts

Back