Academy 1/72 F/A-18A Hornet

In all my glorious wisdom *cough, I have worked up a spares box with 56 Sidewinder missiles in it :eek: You can never have tooo many sidewinders i guess...

MilitaryAircraft101 said:
In all my glorious wisdom *cough, I have worked up a spares box with 56 Sidewinder missiles in it :eek: You can never have tooo many sidewinders i guess...

LOL!!!!

Well, I've found something that annoys me. It annoys me alot. I should've done my research, but you guys decide whether I use the set (I think I might, it'll set me back $20), after all, I have nearly done it by my self, but I need some depth representation as shown in the pic below. Edit: Too late, I bought it ;D This is my most loaded build, I've never used so much am: Resin ASRAAMs, Styrene A2A weps, Resin Wings, PE Access ladder... :eek:
http://www.modelsforsale.com/catalog/modelkits.php?manufacturers_id=14347&sort=3a&page=8 - The kit.

[attachment deleted by admin]

It will be a nice edition to the display of this model! It will add that little bit extra realism to the display.

I see ..... Going to town on that Baby hey ? 8)

Well.... Good for yha ! nothing like pushing the Envelope now and then !!!! right ?

those bases... look good ! I didn't know they even made them !!!

I have a few things I could place on one of them.... Thanks for sharing !!!

Norm

OUT !

Instructions call for Humrbol 145 and 127, here's a Canadian Hornet in the same colours as my RAAF subject.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Wheel wells, gear and gear doors painted white. They will not be very visible (Phew) to the side or front, so careful photograpy will leave out the bad paintjob. Some weathering will help mask up where the white is really crap. All that has to happen is the new wings need to arrive then there will be some paint splashed on this "pocket lightener" :eek:

I have done very little work with PE. Others on this forum however have done quite a bit. But it looks like a good addition to the kit!

I'm with Grendels on my PE experience.
I just know you need to take your time and be patient

PE is awesome stuff, not so sure about it in 1/72 though HAHA! That's pretty small!

Congratulations on adding the AM parts, it really makes the builds stand out. It's gonna look amazing when you get done.

Just take your time with the PE. Cut it on a hard surface (so you don't bend it unnecessarily) and hold your finger over it so it doesn't go flying, use thin CA or Gator Glue, have some good manification, and just use a couple of knife blades to bend the pieces, you'll find them bend rather easily on the seams..., oh and booze doesn't hurt either.

Latest posts

Back