Academy 1/72 F/A-18A Hornet

Thanks everyone! No booze for me Myke :eek: I'm going to work on my PE tonight and hopefully finish everything I can. But not much can be done until them wings arrive... LOL

I ordered a second set of wings (just in case ::)) from Sprue Bros. I have nearly finished all of the other assemblies; Ordnance, Chocks etc. But still need to work on the access ladder (but I have time) and the two snapped resin Aim-132s

Well tonight will be for finishing the assemblies of weapons and everything that can be done before the wings arrive, after that, it is time to play the waiting game. Good thing the Spitfire XIXR only needs a canopy and a pilot to be done! ;D

:eek: still no Wing hey ? humm

Nice going on the Canuck CF-18B

you did a great job on the paint and decals...

and thanks John for the YouTube How to !!! Great Link to help demystify P.E.
its a disease you know ?? once you start.... you can't stop !!! LOL

until it stops you !!! LOL

Keep up the good work.... looking forward to hear your WINGS have shown up !!!

Norm.

OUT !

Wings are here!!! Should finish and ready for primer tonight! Homemade spray booth needs a workout!! And the Canuck CF-18, It ain't mine! Lol, I hope mine's as good. That Image is a motivational tool! Want to splurge on the weathering with this one!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Glad to see they came!!! I smell some paint in the near future!!!!! 8)

Well I didn't remove the old wings with much grace, so fitting my replacements was a bit of a chore :mad: but they look much better than the old ones and I do smell paint in the future!

news! Weather's lookin up for the weekend, so If i can finish construction and lay down a primercoat tonight, Saturday can be the underneath, and sunday can be the top!! YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAW Pics soon!

Ok, I'll give you the bad news first: NO PAINT FLUNG :'(
Ok, now I'll give you the good news: Major assembly completed, just sanding the filler and washing the model in soapy water to go...

Thinking about weathering, as I have partially lost some detail around the cockpit and gear on the underside. Rather than rescribing, I am hoping that washing the aircraft will bring all of the dust and gunk out of the panel lines, if not, I might have to do some rescribing :( but if it does, it's ok because the weathering on RAAF birds, even the ones that went to Iraq, is quite subtle. I have some pics from Avalon Airshow of the nose sector of the Hornet, as they were allowing access to the cockpit that day.

Here's a website showing Falconer Hornets and their weathering.
http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/opfalconerhornetskb_1a.htm

Hope the panel lines open up for ya.....now getting slinging some paint!!!!!(((LOL)))!! ;)

Latest posts

Back