Academy 1/72 F/A-18A Hornet

Hows this ladies and gentlemen. I ordered my Hasegawa weapons pack IIIs yesterday arvo and they arrived 2day!! They only had 1 in stock, so they have the other on backorder! Service or what! P.S I also have ASRAAM missiles on order (so ignore my plea for missiles ;)). If you want ASRAAMs in the future, there are resin 72nd and 48th ASRAAMs and other at Ozmods.com

Ahh, personal problems, so I need to deal with them at the moment and I don't think I'll finish my models before the contest, cos it's more important right now so any modelling is a plus, but I'll still hang around to see everyone else's builds, even if I can't finish mine... :'( But I still have a month and a half. I hope I can finish, just not getting my hopes up, you know.

Hey I understand personal issues, they get in the way of my builds as well. Take care of what is important, and if time allows at least finish up that spitfire! Especially since you are so close to done with it.

Looks like I might be back on the saddle as early as Sunday, but still shaky days, but I'm definately investing in a PE ladder for the cockpit to add character, looks like I'm back in business, and I might just finish this build, mabye even in time for the comp, but just mabye, still have to preshade then add small details, so there's still a long long road to go, but I might just be in with a chance... :)

Just do what you can and don't worry about finishing up by the deadline. Just relax and enjoy the rest of the build. But if you can make it, then do so.

Ok, I recieved my ASRAAMs today, courtesy of OZMODS, all 6 of them, but they have a bad case of warping as you will see, if there is anyone who knows how to fix my missiles, that'd be greatly appreciated,

MA101

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ouche !!!! :-\

I would Boil in anger !!!

Anyway if I had received such items in the mail !!!

"what John said is true"... "warm to hot water" ... "a little dipping" and "rolling back n Forth" on a Hard flat surface could help them a bit !!! but... you know what ? why not consider replacing the missiles with Evergreen Styrene RODS ??? of the same size of course !!! and only adding the Fins from your after market ones?

you can sharpen the points in a pencil sharpener !!!

in that scale !!! I am pretty confident you could pull it off !!!

I am sadden that you got the short end of the stick on that one !!!

Best of luck !

I hope you get them fix and able to use them on your model !!!

Norm.

I'm assuming those are resin, if so just a few dips in hot water should straighten them out.

Resin has memory and should return to the shape they were when they came out of the mold.

Or, after warming them to straighten them, dunk them in cold water to lock in the new shape

My second round of Hasegawa AAMs arrived today. Here are some photos. They're pretty nice overall but suffer from some ejector pin marks. There is also a picture of the kit droptank that I'll be using. The only thing I'm waiting on now is the PE ladder from Flightpath UK.

[attachment deleted by admin]

BACK ON DA SADDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! W00T ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D All I have to do is do a massive cleanup of my mancave, and it'll be a fresh beginning..

Great to hear you are back on schedule! Those little weapon kits are pretty cool!

Looking forward to your next update!

Norm.

Latest posts

Back