A1J Skyraider complete

Jim62

I finally got this Skyraider finished. A few snafus but overall I really like how it turned out. This was my first foray into a tri color camo scheme and at painting a camo pattern without masking. I'm pleased with how it turned out. This kit came with an abundance of ordinance and I am glad because I screwed up the first round of ordinance I was going to use. Great kit by Tamiya and a fun build to say the least.
IMG_1527.JPGIMG_1528.JPGIMG_1529.JPGIMG_1531.JPGIMG_1532.JPG

Looks great! That beast is carrying some serious ordinance!
Yes it is and it came with all the ordinance for both the kit and I built and the Navy one they have and boy was I glad after I screwed up my first load. I still have ordinance left over that I'll hang on to in case I need it some time.

I finally got this Skyraider finished. A few snafus but overall I really like how it turned out. This was my first foray into a tri color camo scheme and at painting a camo pattern without masking. I'm pleased with how it turned out. This kit came with an abundance of ordinance and I am glad because I screwed up the first round of ordinance I was going to use. Great kit by Tamiya and a fun build to say the least.
View attachment 114899View attachment 114900View attachment 114901View attachment 114902View attachment 114903
That is a great build! Lots of nice detail work, and the color scheme is spot on.
Great job, now you have inspired me to try my luck in building one of these beasts.

That is a great build! Lots of nice detail work, and the color scheme is spot on.
Great job, now you have inspired me to try my luck in building one of these beasts.
Thank you. I lightly marked the pattern on the plane with a pencil before I painted it and then prayed and sprayed. It's your typical good Tamiya kit to build.

Latest posts

Back