2014 BSC Categories

Scott Girvan said:
While you're running past her might as well stop for a sec and ask her opinion.

XP

Don't worry I will do more than stop and ask her opinion.....

;)

JohnSimmons: I am so looking forward to that build.

Grendels said:
Scott Girvan said:
While you're running past her might as well stop for a sec and ask her opinion.

XP

Don't worry I will do more than stop and ask her opinion.....

;)

JohnSimmons: I am so looking forward to that build.

No pressure lol!

Cracking choice John....(thought you were doing a Star Wars build :p!)

I bought the Kastor kit off Chris Babes (he started the kit for the BSC 2013)

KastorContentsampdate_zpsf43f5026.jpg

Chris made a start at it....cleaned up some of the casting flash etc & filled some joins

I'd like to try and make it look like it's hovering & light it:

Kastor.jpg

....but thats not what I've got in mind for the BSC

J

That Industria Mechanica stuff is excellent. Would like to buy something from them someday, but alas my kits are in the stash and ready to go. Really looking forward to seeing what you guys do this year!

Industra have some great looking kits and I would love to get me one of them. When I be able to afford it :)

Could any of you let me know about the cast quality? I'm asking as I had their figures in my hand and unfortunately those leave a lot to be desired.

Biskup said:
Industra have some great looking kits and I would love to get me one of them. When I be able to afford it :)

Could any of you let me know about the cast quality? I'm asking as I had their figures in my hand and unfortunately those leave a lot to be desired.

Which figures?

They're newer figures (1/35 & 1/8) are really nicely cast. Much better resin. Also I have quite a few of the model kits. The Ian McQue stuff seems to be the best cast (Remora - he's done new moulds and has only done one run with them so far, Waldo, Skymark). The Orbship was really nicely cast. Michael is also beginning to use wood and acrylic laser cut parts and an epic amount of photo etch.

I had those:
http://industriamechanika.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_11&products_id=8
In my hand.
The details weren't crisp but a bit blurry and on 2 of them there were quite big mould lines.
Not to mention that the guy who bought them received badly matched set (2 same bodies without the correct one). It's over a year now and he still hasn’t received correct part.
But hay that might be just "lucky" set so that's why asked about the quality of the other kits.

Biskup said:
I had those:
http://industriamechanika.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_11&products_id=8
In my hand.
The details weren't crisp but a bit blurry and on 2 of them there were quite big mould lines.
Not to mention that the guy who bought them received badly matched set (2 same bodies without the correct one). It's over a year now and he still hasn’t received correct part.
But hay that might be just "lucky" set so that's why asked about the quality of the other kits.

Oh man, sorry to hear about that. I started/own/run/slave at Industria Mechanika. Tell him to email me because that should not have happened. I'll confirm the order and send him a replacement set. I assume the caster was suppose to send out a replacement part direct to him but didn't. That caster who originally cast the Deckhands and a few others (1/24 DH, Barrio, Sasha, 1/35 Sasha) was fired for shoddy work and too many excuses. The original deckhand master prints were broken in the firing process (as well as my 1/24 scale masters) but I had the 1/35 Deckhands reprinted and with my new figure caster and the casts are amazingly crisp. Better than plastic really. Same new/better caster with Sasha in 1/35 and 1/32 and all of our other small figures.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the kits though! I'm a modeler so quality is very important to me since I produce the stuff I want to build! You can view my personal work at http://fichtenfoo.com.

@Biskup, really weird. I ordered from the first edition of that set and the figs I received were really good looking. I don't know if the kits from Michael's new caster are better than the ones that I have. Or maybe the caster buggered up the moulds with later castings…

Just reach out to Industrial Mechanika, he'll hook you up with replacements (I had a part missing from my Remora and had it replaced within the week – across international borders to boot).

:eek:
Good to know :) I'll be meeting him today at our club meeting so I will let him know to contact you about it.
It's really good that you show interest and good for the great quality. Because you just made me want to save up a bit more and get one of those kits.
I think the reason for the poor casting quality might be the used up mould as the set had rather high number if I remember correctly.
Cheers
Lukasz

FichtenFoo said:
Biskup said:
I had those:
In my hand.

Oh man, sorry to hear about that. I started/own/run/slave at Industria Mechanika. Tell him to email me because that should not have happened. I'll confirm the order and send him a replacement set. I assume the caster was suppose to send out a replacement part direct to him but didn't. That caster who originally cast the Deckhands and a few others (1/24 DH, Barrio, Sasha, 1/35 Sasha) was fired for shoddy work and too many excuses. The original deckhand master prints were broken in the firing process (as well as my 1/24 scale masters) but I had the 1/35 Deckhands reprinted and with my new figure caster and the casts are amazingly crisp. Better than plastic really. Same new/better caster with Sasha in 1/35 and 1/32 and all of our other small figures.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the kits though! I'm a modeler so quality is very important to me since I produce the stuff I want to build! You can view my personal work at http://fichtenfoo.com.

Fitchen, welcome to the herd. Glad your here.

Question about entering I know you need a photo with a date indicator mine is about proto types how do we enter one if the model may not be one kit but could be multiple kits combined to make one finished model. Just wondering about that as I am entering one in the contest Thanks.

I just put all the boxes in the same picture with small stuff like conversion kits, photo etch, etc. on top and my phone on top of it all to show the data.

Starting to think about my entries now ;D

These 2 are at the top of my list.... Do you think I can get away with the 262 as a prototype ?? ;)

47e132dd35985724eefc1b66250aedd1_zps9c6ddb7e.jpg

I've wanted to start the pumpkin face for a while now, it looks challenging, with both the build and the paintwork / decals and small scale to contend with. Worthy for a competition, could quite easily end up a disaster but I think I need the time pressure of the BSC to get it done. Hopefully being a relatively new Hasegawa kit it will go together well.

Game on ! ;D

Latest posts

Back