2014 BSC Categories

Junkie

Reaction score
A quick change to the rules regarding what's a diorama.

A plane, sci-fi ship etc... with a pilot or tank, armor with a tank commander is not a dio...as long as there's no groundwork at all.

As soon as there's ground work (on the ground, not mud splatter or dust) then it's a vignette or diorama.

Neo

What do you mean i'm addicted to Airplanes!
Reaction score
Are we there yet ? Are we there yet ? i need to go to the bathroom ....... but but are we there yet

:p

Junkie

Reaction score
It appears everyone has submitted finals. We have a total of 47 entries. I'll get then posted live asap. - 48hrs.

Tailor

**ck 'em, if they can't take a joke!
Reaction score
I am properly excited! ;D

Leighbo

Reaction score
Phew... just got mine posted up in time, not had a lot of time to visit SMA as busy with work and trying to sell my house / buy a new one and didn't catch the deadline posts! hope to be back to normal soon and looking forward to seeing the fruits of everyones labours :) good luck all

nicholassagan

sippin on gin + juice
Reaction score
47? Aw man! That's like less than 1/2 of last years count isn't it? Wasn't there close to 115 or so last year?

Tailor

**ck 'em, if they can't take a joke!
Reaction score
Maybe the "honour" drive didn't appeal as much an airbrush?

Scott - you gotta let us know, if this and the ads can still cover the operating cost of the page. Money is a bit tight right now, but I guess next month I could cough up a little extra for a donation.

Guido

Junkie

Reaction score
Last year there were 52, I just looked it up.

Total revenue this year was just over $400. I appreciate everyone for their support.

nicholassagan

sippin on gin + juice
Reaction score
52! Oh so we're not that far off. Where'd this 115 noise come from then? :p

adampolo13

Reaction score
Scott is correct, we haven't had over a hundred for a few years. Believe it or not, we've had a steady decline in BSC participation since the first year. Just something to keep in mind, and I hope Scott doesn't mind me saying this, but I know he's put in more of his own cash, each year, since SMA was first launched.

Junkie

Reaction score
The loot was a big draw the first year. Now there's a ton of online modeling contests...

Through your support we covered the webhosting for the year. Djense's sponsorship isn't completely covered - but I don't want anyone to feel obligated. I took that on and continue to support her through GirvanMedia along with another boy, Rupesh - in India.

We have a community of great, talented people here. It aint about the money. (thank God - ;) )

S

ScaleModelMadman

Yeah but you must really be raking in the dough hand over fist with that snazzy magazine of yours

...oh wait.

Junkie

Reaction score
Final Entries have been posted: http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/SMF/index.php/board,149.0.html

I have decided to leave everyone's name attached to their build because A: We pretty much know anyway and B: There isn't a quick way to change the names.

Thanks again for your participation. I'm away for a week. When I return we'll get the vote going.

Junkie

Reaction score
PS: If you "SORT" the final entry category you can view by contest category. ;)

Latest posts