BSC 2014?

Consider my excitement rising
as is my concern as im already commited on 2 goup/club builds locally.
ahh well, what 3 on the go at once. might just have to reign in my idea's closer to reality.

Totally pumped ;D.

The cogs are turning.... Eyeing off my stash, I can think of at least 3 entry's I want to put in this year. Tally ho!

I'm already excited about this. Going to try and step outside my comfort zone and do something I don't normally do. Got enough crap in my stash to do a bunch of stuff, if only there was more time heh.

A quick update on this.

I along with the forum staff are getting the details sorted out. All info will be posted no later than Feb 1st.

I can say that the contest will run March 01 thru May 31st.

Stay tuned. Order some new blades.

tigrazor said:
Okay, the entry fee itself wouldnt be the problem. Even more if its for a good cause. The thing is: Im from Germany and dont have Paypal. :(

You don't need a paypal account to make a payment through paypal. You can make payment with credit card.

After two years of pulling DNF's, I'm looking to scale back the scope / level of ambitious-ness and just get a solid finish this year.

This year I don't plan to do anything over the top, über - accurate, aftermarket super resin, used on the Eastern front, after the initial...rivets were filled, and panel lines were re-scribed with twizzlers, or for that matter anything that requires me to CA my thumb to my forefinger in order to place some microscopic PE part (said part only being relevant to the first production block made in New Jersey).

Just hoping to build, paint, enjoy, and finish on time.

That's a great attitude. Dude, You are a rockstar aircraft finisher. Seriously. You got skills and skills.

I really appreiciate everyone who calls SMA home. Thank you.

JMac said:
After two years of pulling DNF's, I'm looking to scale back the scope / level of ambitious-ness and just get a solid finish this year.

This year I don't plan to do anything over the top, über - accurate, aftermarket super resin, used on the Eastern front, after the initial...rivets were filled, and panel lines were re-scribed with twizzlers, or for that matter anything that requires me to CA my thumb to my forefinger in order to place some microscopic PE part (said part only being relevant to the first production block made in New Jersey).

Just hoping to build, paint, enjoy, and finish on time.

But everyone knows New Jersey has the BEST photoetched aftermarket mid-to-late eastern war parts (for late 90s Tamiya kits only)! ;) ;D

Kidding aside, I think having fun is the most important part, and producing something awesome to display in your home.

After last year, I'm going to do any big custom work first. Had to rush the last build at the end, and it showed

I'm going to try and focus on one or two quality big builds then see how much time is left :p

Plus, if there's an all-open I might have a couple of contenders for that category...

oh, BSC '14...exciting...enjoyed last edition. Will be looking forward to this!

Cheers

Nervous? oh yeah!
Best time of the year coming up!
I'll be waiting for the rules before picking a subject. See what "special" curveball the good folks throw at us this year. Will probably not build a ship this year... try something more challening...
This will be great!

Cheers,
Guido

@ tigrazor: Wenn alle Stricke reißen, Paypal ich für Dich und Du überweist an mich. Ist echt kein Thema!

Well i for one am excited, can't wait to see the categories this year so i can get my ideas finalised

Thanks Q

Just eant to see if the diorama category is back on the cards or not before making my decision!

... I guess the "no bases" rule took most of us off guard. It wasn't so easy to work around that in some cases, but having to take a new angle on things makes one a better modeller.

I'm notmagainst having no diorama category, if there is one i'll probably do a dio, if not i'll do something else. The problem as always is deciding on which ideas to choose, although i have just ordered a kit in readiness!

A bust category would be cool this year. Who doesn't love a nice bust right? :)

Dioramas are very likely as a category.
Figures/busts not as likely, mostly due to the tendency for few entries in the category.

But, that said, anything's possible, this is a new year.

Latest posts

Back