BSC 2014?

Tailor said:
... I guess the "no bases" rule took most of us off guard. It wasn't so easy to work around that in some cases, but having to take a new angle on things makes one a better modeller.

+1!

I think part of the problem with the "no bases" thing was where to draw the line between a "base" and a "Display/Diorama", hence the rule about no bases.

Quaralane said:
Dioramas are very likely as a category.
Figures/busts not as likely, mostly due to the tendency for few entries in the category.

But, that said, anything's possible, this is a new year.
I think that's sad, i was planning on doing a bust

THE NEW ONE said:
Quaralane said:
Dioramas are very likely as a category.
Figures/busts not as likely, mostly due to the tendency for few entries in the category.

But, that said, anything's possible, this is a new year.
I think that's sad, i was planning on doing a bust

You can still do one...

Joined the forum last year well after the 2013 build,,Looking forward to enter into this one..When will the catagories be announced?

Scott said something about early February. That's quite soon!!!! :D

And there goes another 5 bucks .... lol just kidding been waithin for liek ever for this to start!!

Entry fee $5 ?
new kit $35
paints $25
details $25
A couple of months in a freindly contest doing something i love..PRICELESS!! :):)

Well i've just ordered my stash ready for the off, a little early but the moneys burning a hole in my pocket!

i'm really stepping out of my comfort zone with one of my builds this year, gulp.., but gotta keep pushing my skills to the limits!

26 Days to go...

My main build is nearly ready to start.
Just need one more little thing from ParaGrafix to have all I'll be needing for it

After much trepidation I have decided that I’m going for something I can build very quickly and get painted and weathered with no problems. The last two years I was unsuccessful at completing because I chose builds with tons of photo etch etc. This year “It’s about completion not perfection) and I’m going strait OOB! The other night I caught myself looking at AM tires and small photoetch set and pulled myself back from the edge!

1/35 Trumpeter ASLAV-25 for me this year!

adampolo13 said:
After much trepidation I have decided that I’m going for something I can build very quickly and get painted and weathered with no problems. The last two years I was unsuccessful at completing because I chose builds with tons of photo etch etc. This year “It’s about completion not perfection) and I’m going strait OOB! The other night I caught myself looking at AM tires and small photoetch set and pulled myself back from the edge!

1/35 Trumpeter ASLAV-25 for me this year!

Sounds like a good idea.

Although I will say that, googling for images of that kit, it just seems to scream for lots of PE, stowage, camo-netting, and weathering.

Personally, I'm moving to a new apartment on Friday and I don't know when I'll have my workbench back in action.

So far, my plan is to do a La-174TK straight out of the box. As it's only a 1/72 scale model it should be a fairly easy build.

3094_rd.jpg

If I get through that I might look at something else in my stash. I guess I'll just have to see how long it takes me to settle in.

f2k said:
Although I will say that, googling for images of that kit, it just seems to scream for lots of PE, stowage, camo-netting, and weathering.

I agree with you in more ways than one. There are a few aftermarket sets available for this one but I really don't want to get bogged down with all that. That being said, for me, this years BSC is going to be all about completion and submission of final reveal pics. I know from experience I can turn this fun quick build into a monster progect if I start to worry about stowage, netting, etc. Most of the time, Monster Projects just turn into Monster Shelf Queens, for me anyways.

adampolo13 said:
Most of the time, Monster Projects just turn into Monster Shelf Queens, for me anyways.

I'm in the same boat. For me this year I'll stay right, nice and cozy in my comfort zone, build a 1:72 wingy thing, focus less on the AM and a lot more on the paint, finish and reveal.

I dunno...I really like OOB...some good stuff comes OOB! But even Eduard's Profipack or Royal or Limited Edition kits even have a ton of AMS OOB!!!

And I think I have AMS...

Definitely going to do an ISD. But we'll see what else...

Latest posts

Back