2014 BSC Categories

Grendels said:
Ma. K. I haven't done this before, so it would be a new area, and part of that worries me. The last contest I did something new and well, it got me with the unknown factor of gloss paint. I don't doubt that I can do it, but what I have envisioned would not be easy to pull off.

Don't worry. I'm doing a military kit. I've never done that before. And I'm generally a slow builder. We can do new and unknown things together! :)

unttld said:
Grendels said:
Ma. K. I haven't done this before, so it would be a new area, and part of that worries me. The last contest I did something new and well, it got me with the unknown factor of gloss paint. I don't doubt that I can do it, but what I have envisioned would not be easy to pull off.

Don't worry. I'm doing a military kit. I've never done that before. And I'm generally a slow builder. We can do new and unknown things together! :)

One problem I have is commitments outside of model building. These will eat up a large chunk of time this spring and keep me from spending a lot of time on a model. So I might not stray much from my comfort zone. I did that last year with the Honda build.

Yup, 3 months seems like a long time but top gear maths tells us that's less than 20 days if you can only get to it on weekends and give a few of them to friends and family.
That's a comfort zone timeframe if ever I heard one.

Quaralane said:
Stick with what you're comfortable with in the time you have, John.

That is what I am thinking Q. Keep it simple, and not too complex. I am thinking either Star Wars or the minions, will run it past the wife this weekend.

While you're running past her might as well stop for a sec and ask her opinion.

XP

Me as well.

Going to attempt to make this:

1970-Plymouth-Hemi_Cuda-54811338032209.jpg

With this:

REV4268.jpg

Awesome John, those industria mechanika kits are off the chain!

Can't think of a cooler subject, will look forward to this one

Thanks guys, I live in a fishing village next to the sea so there's tons of reference floating about.

Great choice. I'd love to get my hands on some of their stuff...the Rook, the Walrus etc... Pretty darn sweet stuff.

Hey
I know I don't post throughout the year, but I read and follow a lot of what you guy's do and it's really awesome work you all accomplish. But that said, I was waiting for this to come back and this year I'll go totally different with a modern asiatic tuning car.
Can't wait for it to start
Gentlemen start your engines!

Latest posts

Back