2014 BSC Categories

I'm new here and have a few questions on what sounds like an absolute blast.

Since prototypes are the theme, I see that it's a special award, but does every entry have to be prototypical? I have a dio idea in mind of which the kit isn't the centerpiece and certainly isn't a prototype. It's something I've wanted to try, completely out of my comfort zone. Heck, just finishing something seems uncomfortable to me. ::)

Besides the start photo, do we post progress or is it just the end result?

And finally out of curiosity, what are the fees usually?

Hi ausf and Welcome to the herd.
You can enter anything that fits categories. But if you manage to make a prototype you will have the chance of winning the special theme prize :)
Cheers

So should I build Resin or Plastic?

I am going Sci fi this year, a subject I am more familiar with than last years car entry.

So, went into Wheels & Wings (in Toronto) yesterday. I've ordered through them over email a few times but have never been in the store. Holy. Crap. I thought Hornet Hobbies and John's Hobbies had some big space, W&W is massive.

Anyway, found the KZKT-537L. Couldn't find some of the other more space-y looking military kits. Or any that I liked aesthetically. Have ordered the resin wheels and PE after market parts for it. Now I just need some weird alien thing for it to transport. Might smash together some Ma.K bits. No idea yet. Not sure if I want alien tech, alien relic, or just an alien.

The KZKT looks freaking amazing. Super clean. The instructions are kinda scary though. Hopefully I can build it in 3 months.

unttld said:
So, went into Wheels & Wings (in Toronto) yesterday. I've ordered through them over email a few times but have never been in the store. Holy. Crap. I thought Hornet Hobbies and John's Hobbies had some big space, W&W is massive.

Anyway, found the KZKT-537L. Couldn't find some of the other more space-y looking military kits. Or any that I liked aesthetically. Have ordered the resin wheels and PE after market parts for it. Now I just need some weird alien thing for it to transport. Might smash together some Ma.K bits. No idea yet. Not sure if I want alien tech, alien relic, or just an alien.

The KZKT looks freaking amazing. Super clean. The instructions are kinda scary though. Hopefully I can build it in 3 months.

Yes, was in there once just after he moved to his new location and he had one crap ton of kits in that shop.

Scott Girvan said:
Hmmm, not sure. Depends of the kit really.

You have me there, I have built up some real stinkers in both plastic and resin. For the contest I will not pick a stinker of a kit.

I have some really good resin Babylon 5 kits, Star Wars, and Star Trek kits.

In plastic, well I have a small store selection when it come to Sci Fi.....But I would like to stay to these subjects:

Star Wars
Star Trek
Ma. K.
Or something from Anime like Captain Harlock, or Starblazers

If I go the diorama way, I can do a Gamara dio
The Minions from Despicable Me
Or castle Neuschwanstein (Yes I do have a plastic model of this)

John go with Ma.K
Those kit's assemble them self basically and you can't go wrong with paint job or anything ells :)
Unless your Ma.K rivet counter :D
Cheers

Forgot to add that I already decide on my builds :)
One will be small diorama/vignette
Second one will be something bit different and what I didn't do in a long time.
I have both of the kits but I did order additional figure for the second build and if I have enough time I will be making a dio entry from it also :)

I might do something completely out of my comfort zone.......possibly NOT a Millennium Falcon :D

J

adampolo13 said:
John, I'd love to see a minion from Dispicable Me as it's somehting I haven't seen before.

I went up and took a look at the minion kit. There are three of them and the resin was cast very well. I could easily make a dio out of it with the three of them making some sort of "machine".

Ma. K. I haven't done this before, so it would be a new area, and part of that worries me. The last contest I did something new and well, it got me with the unknown factor of gloss paint. I don't doubt that I can do it, but what I have envisioned would not be easy to pull off.

Star wars, I have not built up a star wars kit in a long time....and I have some really nice resin kits for Star wars.

Star trek, ditto. But lighting up a Trek ship can be very time consuming.

Jaitea said:
I might do something completely out of my comfort zone.......possibly NOT a Millennium Falcon :D

J

Looking forward to that!

Latest posts

Back