2014 BSC Categories

CTspeedshop said:
Grendels said:
cargoman5126 said:
So I thought the entire point of a hobby was to get away from the stress and BS of daily life. So for anyone to intentially add stress and BS to a model is entirely opposed to the premise of a hobby. I do this stuff to relax,have fun and look over other peoples ideas of what they interprit something to be, That's suppose to be fun. If I am going to create a replica then yes it should be accurate but a model and a replica are two different things.
So far this is the reason I've kept coming back to this site. The comments that are made for the most part are costructive not demoralizing and belittitling like I and most have seen elswhere. This is suppose to be fun..
Thanx for listening to my rambling..Have fun/!!! :)

And this is why I have stayed here. I went to a few other forums first and well, the atmosphere was not the best...
Agreed John. This is the only forum that I belong to. You would think I would be all about the Model Car Magazine Forum.......Nope. This is home for me. Guys like you are the reason John. Open to anything while carrying a positive attitude. You fellas have this car guy hooked on SMA.

Ditto on the above, don't want to turn this into a hug fest but there is much to be learnt here regardless of your chosen genre. Lots of positive encouragement from all the members, I for one have come along leaps and bounds since participating in this forum. most importantly the comments keep me motivated to keep building. I'm not sure if I would still enjoy this hobby 2 years on without the advice/critique/suggestions from the members and it is a a place showcase your work no matter what your level of skill without fear of being treated like a total noob ;D

cargoman5126 said:
The comments that are made for the most part are costructive not demoralizing and belittitling like I and most have seen elswhere.

For the most part?

Well if you see something demoralizing or belittling posted somewhere here, please let one of the staff know, we don't roll that way here. ;)

Ken Abrams said:
cargoman5126 said:
The comments that are made for the most part are costructive not demoralizing and belittitling like I and most have seen elswhere.

For the most part?

Well if you see something demoralizing or belittling posted somewhere here, please let one of the staff know, we don't roll that way here. ;)

ABSOLUTELY let one of us know!!!

DEFINITELY let us know.
We're here for the same reasons we build: for fun and enjoyment.

Plus with the X-15 there were so many variants, that there isn't one definitive airframe. So it is definitely a prototype.

Jim

so quick question and i suspect their maybe many more like it. the super pershing, would that be considered a prototype or not? thanks in advance for the help. im relly excited about this and im sure we will see a bunch of weird and wonderful stuff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M26_Pershing

dopplar5 said:
so quick question and i suspect their maybe many more like it. the super pershing, would that be considered a prototype or not? thanks in advance for the help. im relly excited about this and im sure we will see a bunch of weird and wonderful stuff

While someone else makes the final decisions, on this, I would have to say no, as the US did ship one to Europe in WWII and it actually saw combat. I think that alone would preclude it from being considered a Prototype.

I would have to agree with ECH it was produced and seen combat that would make a operational tank in my opinion

dopplar5 said:

Again, I'm not "the" guy who makes the final decision on this but I'm sure you could pull some artistic license and "make" a proto type, or what you think a proto type may look like. Feel free to get creative and have some fun. Remember this contest is all about FUN!

I'll chime in...

It all boils down to how you depict the piece no matter what it is. For every vehicle, tank, plane there was once a prototype.

It's all about how you model it.

Scott Girvan said:
I'll chime in...

It all boils down to how you depict the piece no matter what it is. For every vehicle, tank, plane there was once a prototype.

By the way, he's "the guy" ;)

Scott Girvan said:
I'll chime in...

One exception to that....Avro Arrow....there was never a prototype, first one off the line was to be an operational aircraft.

Unlike the YF-16 which was the prototype to the F-16 we know today, or the YF-17 which was the prototype to what we know today as the CF-18 Hornet, there was no prototype for the Avro Arrow. Granted they only build 6 aircraft before the program was scrapped (unjustly mind you, but that is a whole other ball of wax), they were all to be operational aircraft.

You would think that someone who gets paid to do nothing but build prototype things – for no reason other than to see if it can be built – would have no problem thinking up an idea for a prototype model to build.

That said, I do kinda want to build in the armour category because I've never built armour anything and that seems like a good challenge.

:/

About prototype I'm wondering if something that was build only once is a prototype ;) Or is it just an n accident at work? ;)

Latest posts

Back