2014 BSC Categories

Scott Girvan said:
And Webby, all your angles could work.

My build will be for this theme, and I intend to incorporate fiction, blueprints and scratchbuilding.

LOL. Clear as mud.

Be creative, have fun, push your boundaries.

Cheers Scott, that clears it up :)
Time to get thinking, and thinking about a build theme has to be the best way to get through a boring meeting and I have 2 of them tomorrow ;D

Scott Girvan said:
Mikey_W_1980 said:
Could there be a category for 'Best Newcomer' ?

While I encourage new members, and those new to scale modeling to participate there is no distinction among the categories of this purpose.

f2k said:
Must it be real-life functioning prototypes, or are speculative what if prototypes/mock-ups also part of it?
Speculative, sci-fi, paper panzers, prototype jets, cars...whatever. It's wide open to interpretation.

f2k said:
Out of curiosity, may I ask why ships were removed?

For no other reason than choice. I want to keep things simple and limit categories. Last year we didn't have dioramas, this year we do....next year things will again be different.

Thanks. I was afraid it might be axed for good. Ironically, even though I get terribly seasick, I still like looking at ships...

Mixing it up a bit is a good thing, in my opinion. Keeps everything fresh and people on their toes.

I've got a few ideas for a prototype-build. But then again, I just lost my job and I'll soon be moving so I guess I'll just have to see how things goes.

Cool, I will know which one I join this year after my birthday in Feb. It is a tradition to use a kit that i get from my wife as present :)

deffinitly going to enter the contest now I just need to figure out what to enter and how many :)

arohk said:
deffinitly going to enter the contest now I just need to figure out what to enter and how many :)
I'd start with one, and go from there, arohk.
That way, you can give each build its full attention and not slight it to get at the next one

Bizarre said:
Cool, I will know which one I join this year after my birthday in Feb. It is a tradition to use a kit that i get from my wife as present :)

Wow that is a great idea :)

Excited for the contest this year ... Might actually enter instead of cheering from the sidelines ... now like everyone else, have to decide what I want to build.

Prototypes he... might have to rethink my build ...

Wow, this totally crept up on me. I cant believe its already almost BSC time again. Super stoked that there is a diorama category this year. Man, time flies, I cant believe this will be my 5th time competing in this thing.

I'm Stoked!!!................um, what am I going to build? I haven't thought that far ahead. Oops. ;D

Cave_Dweller said:
CTspeedshop said:
I'm Stoked!!!................um, what am I going to build? I haven't thought that far ahead. Oops. ;D

I bet it will involve wheels! ;D
Yep, I was thinking I might build a custom shopping cart or baby carriage. ;)

Cave_Dweller said:
CTspeedshop said:

Or treads... I've seen some pretty wicked proto type trucks that have 4 sets of tracks on them instead of wheels... Just sayin...

adampolo13 said:
Cave_Dweller said:
CTspeedshop said:

Or treads... I've seen some pretty wicked proto type trucks that have 4 sets of tracks on them instead of wheels... Just sayin...
Very true Adam.

adampolo13 said:
So CT, does that mean you'll do it? hahaha Sourcing all that track may be a little tedious...
I doubt I will try it for the contest but I definitely want to try this at some point.

I have HUGE respect for you Military builders. I don't know if I'm up to the challenge.

CTspeedshop said:
I have HUGE respect for you Military builders. I don't know if I'm up to the challenge.

It's all just dumb luck! If we screw something up with the build we can just hide it with pigment or something..

Latest posts

Back