2014 BSC Categories

adampolo13 said:
CTspeedshop said:
I have HUGE respect for you Military builders. I don't know if I'm up to the challenge.

It's all just dumb luck! If we screw something up with the build we can just hide it with pigment or something..
Lol. I don't quite believe that Adam. ;D

CTspeedshop said:
adampolo13 said:
CTspeedshop said:
I have HUGE respect for you Military builders. I don't know if I'm up to the challenge.

It's all just dumb luck! If we screw something up with the build we can just hide it with pigment or something..

Trust me it is exactly that :) I remember few years back when my friend was making figure in 1/9 from Vietnam War. When he showed the finished piece we noticed that he had a spelling mistake on the smoke grenade (colour). So the next day he came back with correct one :) A bit of mud did do the trick :)

Biskup said:
CTspeedshop said:
adampolo13 said:
CTspeedshop said:

Trust me it is exactly that :) I remember few years back when my friend was making figure in 1/9 from Vietnam War. When he showed the finished piece we noticed that he had a spelling mistake on the smoke grenade (colour). So the next day he came back with correct one :) A bit of mud did do the trick :)
Great story Biskup. I wish it was that way with shiny cars. ;D

CTspeedshop said:
Biskup said:
CTspeedshop said:
adampolo13 said:
CTspeedshop said:

thats why you guys get a lot of credit!!!

CTspeedshop said:

Good man.

While that may be a possible work around to occasionally fix a minor goof here or there, modeling in scale dirt and grime effects in a believable way just ain't that easy. ;)

CTspeedshop said:
Biskup said:
CTspeedshop said:
adampolo13 said:
CTspeedshop said:

I have had a quest over the last six months to learn the art of the shiny car. Not easy at all.....

One speck of dust and you are ruined....

Ken Abrams said:
CTspeedshop said:

Good man.

While that may be a possible work around to occasionally fix a minor goof here or there, modeling in scale dirt and grime effects in a believable way just ain't that easy. ;)

And this is why I have yet to build in armor. I need time to experiment with it before a contest....

But I did think about building this monster for the contest:

C_DRA6750_00.jpg

When I opened the box, and saw the close to 1000 parts, I had to rethink my choice a bit. Currently thinking about something else.....

Lets see:

8 tracks
2 photo etch
metal barrel
a bag of springs
tow cable
a bag of 10 wheels
Another bag of about 60 such wheels
one bag with 136 parts
another bag with 132 parts
32 clear parts
10 parts for a machine gun
main hull two parts
another bag with 141 parts
One bag with 432 tiny little parts
And I still have four bags left....

another with 64 parts
There are two identical bags of 144 parts
And one last bag of 124 parts

so the total is: 1456 and that doesn't include the parts on the photo etch

Seems to be the way things are going now. The Trumpeter T-72B or the Meng T-90 are both 1300+ parts.

Or the Riich Universal Carrier, almost 500 parts, doesn't seem like much in comparison, but if you figure the Universal Carrier is probably 1/4 the size of either of the above 2 tanks....makes for lots of parts in a small space.

Ken Abrams said:
CTspeedshop said:

Good man.

I totally agree Ken. When guys attempt weathering that aren't skilled it looks horrible. When I attend IPMS events I take a lot of time admiring and taking photos of military builds. The attention to detail and weathering can be mind blowing.

CTspeedshop said:
Ken Abrams said:
CTspeedshop said:

Good man.

I totally agree Ken. When guys attempt weathering that aren't skilled it looks horrible. When I attend IPMS events I take a lot of time admiring and taking photos of military builds. The attention to detail and weathering can be mind blowing.

In all seriousness, I couldn't agree more! I've found myself drifting farther away from getting the PE set for every part etc and have been focusing on the art of weathering. I've found, just in looking at my own work, I could care less if I'm missing a rivet or bolt head but if the paint is chipped and the dirt is applied right it looks so damg cool!

Great discussion.

I know for me, my next build is OOB. Gotta get back to basics. Actually Tristen and I are going to build the same kit.

Scott Girvan said:
Great discussion.

I know for me, my next build is OOB. Gotta get back to basics. Actually Tristen and I are going to build the same kit.
What are you guys building Scott?

Revell 32 Ford 5 Window.

A member here, Vknight401, suggested it. Hes gonna build along. Oob with the exception of adding wire to the kit dizzy.

Great kit. Looking forward to seeing it. Isn't that the kit you did for the Star Wars theme?

Latest posts

Back