1/48 Hasegawa F4U-5 (Argentine Navy)

Bladerunner

My mom says I'm cool!
Ok - so I love Corsairs... and any excuse to build one is a good excuse. This time is a Latin American Group Build - but I thought I would share with you guys:
CIMG0724.jpg
CIMG0726.jpg
CIMG0722.jpg
CIMG0747.jpg
CIMG0752.jpg
CIMG0751.jpg

Yip ....Excellent start !! Love the IP .

Chris.

I think Corsairs are very cool also. :)

And this one looks like it's got a fantastic start. I'll be following your build, maybe get some tips & pointers before I set on building my Tamiya F4U-1D.

Wowzah! Thats some might find detailing. Fuel tank looks great with the additions too.

Thanks guys! Sorry for not updating for some time.... The fuselage is not the easiest to put together cleanly. It would have been one thing if there was no fuel/oil filler 'circle' panel on the top. Unfortunately, the panel like was very shallow and despite my best efforts to close the fuse with no gaps or steps - I had to do some sanding. Getting that circular panel line back (which is really a compound circle) was a pain but I think I got it.

The fuseleage also needed a spacer near the nose to properly mate with the bottom wing. I learned that lesson the hard way the last time I build this model. The other 'problem' is the attachment of the cowl... despite hasegawa's obvious cleverness with this design, its not a perfect mate and some clamps, sanding, will have to be used. But this is supposed to be a 'shake and bake' right? :)

Anyhow - I think I got it back on track. Here is my engine. I made the ignition wires from lead thread. The 'clamps' are tamiya tape. The rest is just paint and some post shade with some drybrushing:
DSC_0955b.jpg

Here is the plane as it stands now - the cowl is not attached
DSC_0957-1.jpg

Lovely work on the cockpit and painting the details. Were they dry brushed or picked out by hand?

That engine looks the business !! it will come up fantastic under paint . Airframe is looking good too :)

Chris.

Nice work...... the extra details you are putting in..... are pretty wicked !

Keep up the great work....

this will be a nice addition to your collection....

Thanks guys - tonight and this weekend I hope to get it all ready for preshading and maybe start painting. Still a bit of work to do.

SoarinSukhoi said:
Lovely work on the cockpit and painting the details. Were they dry brushed or picked out by hand?

The quick answer is both - drybrush first and then pick things out. I glossed and washed as well. I might not bother next time, you really can't tell it was done.

Latest posts

Back