your favorite model airplane you own!

Hello!
I saw this thread and thought I would use it to post my first pic here... My 1/72 Academy Stuka, Lot's of Photo-Etch went into this one!

008-17.jpg
007-18.jpg
013-7.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

:)

Here's my share I got an Academy F-22 raptor 1/72 on my stack and will start building in upcoming months since I'm a slow builder on planes. This kit would be forever stay in my shelf.

images

Afterburner said:
Lovin' that -5!! Sweet!!

My favorite kit is my (right now) unstarted Tamiya 1/32 F-4C/D..

I have every aftermarket item made for it,with the exception of seamless intakes.When complete...my project will resemble F-4D S/N 66-7550 circa 1985. This jet was a Vietnam MiG killer based out of Tinker AFB,Oklahoma City with the 507th TFG,and passed right over my house countless times.

F-4DOkie7-2.jpg

Beautiful aircraft. Nearly 30 tons of impressive "punch" when fully loaded and just looks so mean when it is. My father served on a Phantom squadron back in the 70s and whenever they were ashore we would watch the aircraft pass overhead during training. Got to climb all over one once at an Air Day, sat in the pilot's seat and have never got it out of my mind since. Have a major soft spot for this beast. I hope you build that 1/32 you have and post it here Afterburner. Would love to see it.

Fantastic builds guys. 8) 8)

Afterburner said:
Myke said:
Easily my Tamiya 1/32 F-15E that was purchased for me 16 years ago by and ex girlfriend (man she was awesome). It has been through so many moves that it's not even in the original box anymore, and the decals are completely yellowed over.
I've never had the confidence to do it justice until now, and just before the SMA 2011 spring contest started, I built the cockpit. It's going to be a superdetail build, complete with loads of AM parts I've purchased through the years. It should take me a good 5 or 6 months to finish after the contest is over and i'm down with my blackhawk.

Myke,when you get ready to build it let me know...I might be able to offer advice/tips if your interested.Mine has been in-progress for over 5 years now...but I'm getting bit by the bug (and harrassed by the wife ;)) to finish her up.All that is left is some re-scribing,paint/decals and weapons.

Does our favorite model have to be built? ;D

WHOHOOO! Thanks man. I jumped into the P-51 first instead, but this will be right behind it. Maybe haha

Man, you guys have great taste!

Although unbuilt, my favorite kit has to be my Halinski 1/33 F-14A Tomcat. I've been a fan of the Tomcat since I bought my first plastic kit of it - Revell's F-14A Tomcat. I have a far long way before I can model the beast that is the Halinski Tomcat, but until then, I can dream ;D

Here are some pictures of what it's supposed to look like - master quality modeling done by Mr. BERB on Konradus

schweinhund227 said:
Got to say.... its a pretty hard question to answer....

there are so many Cool airplanes... that I have in mind....

but the one... I had the most fun building... is the

BV-38 from Raiders of the lost Ark !

DSC04340_resize.jpg

although not a TRUE or Real Airplane... it holds a special place in my heart !

LOL

that is so cool, it makes me speechless. i must build that.

This is off topic but I've been looking at the Kyushu J7W1 Shinden a bit lately. Pretty kewl lookin.

shinden.jpg

Scott Girvan said:
This is off topic but I've been looking at the Kyushu J7W1 Shinden a bit lately. Pretty kewl lookin.

shinden.jpg

not off topic to me... its a inspiration, especually if they have a kit for that! that airplane reminds me of the P-55 Ascender, a Piston Powered US concept airplane, was supposed to be powered buy a 2,200HP Flat H 24 cylinder engine, but they never got the engine produced, they flew the airplane, but with a less powerful 1,200 hp Allison engine XP

do they have a kit for this?

Now that! would be a showpiece.

photo07.jpg

What a kit eh? $80 - it's tempting. I like it cuz it's so weird. There's a TON of additional aftermarket available on that site too. Could run you well into the hundreds of dollars.

Oh well. I don't love it that much. Plus - gonna be building my dream falcon this winter. :)

I don't know, tough call for me; epic shiden or epic falcon. Not that I could afford either right now. Besides got to cleanup some shelf queens first.

Thing is I already own all the Falcon stuff. The MPC kit plus a box of resin and PE for it. The Shiden will have to wait. I have many Shelf Queens waiting for coronation too.

what's with all this shelf queen talk? ??? What the heck is a shelf que...

oh wait.

Latest posts

Back