What do you do with finished builds?

And below that shelf

P2152226 (2).JPG

Then this mess of a bookcase with more 1/48-ish or close enough stuff on top

P2082204.JPG

And reserving the display space for planned 1/144 Battle of Hoth dio

P2082206.JPG

And the odds and ends I have not found a place for ...

P2152225.JPG

Then I repurposed our old living room TV/Entertainment system cabinet when we upgrade to a larger flat screen from the old tube monster

It is an active work area, so my paint bottles and boxes of the kits I am working on currently are all over the desk

I also have a few large toys on top. I gave most of the stuff had to my nephews and cousins, but kept a few of the rarer things like the Mattel Eagle Transporter and of course my stereo speakers so I can listen to LPs

A nice benefit here is I can keep kit boxes of unbuilt kits in the various drawers and space behind the glass doors for easy acccess

P2152229 (2).JPG
P2152219.JPG

P2082201 (2).JPG
P2082200.JPG

And last of all another ones of those embarrassing areas I have just kind of half used as storage/half display that has gotten too messy

P2152227.JPG

So someday I look forward to scrapping the whole room and have much nicer display shelves/tables, but for now it is what it is. Old repurposed furniture :p

PlainPettyCaudata-max-1mb.gif

I'm actually looking to get a display/curio cabinet to display and keep dog fur to a minimum.
Having a fluffy Husky and German Shepherd dogs = massive fluffy balls of fur.
Vacuuming has to be done with the shop-vac as the little vacuum cannot handle the load.
lol :D

View attachment 97241

I have been on a military model building spree lately, so I hastily threw up some storage type shelves

I have not spent much time getting some proper flight pose bases, but for now...

View attachment 97242

View attachment 97244View attachment 97243

The some Star Wars Legion and other 1/48 stuff on some other random shelf :p

View attachment 97245
View attachment 97247View attachment 97246
View attachment 97248
Wow, that's alot of building. The displays are great. You will have to start charging the public to come and look, it's that good.
Pantherman

And below that shelf

View attachment 97260

Then this mess of a bookcase with more 1/48-ish or close enough stuff on top

View attachment 97258

And reserving the display space for planned 1/144 Battle of Hoth dio

View attachment 97257

And the odds and ends I have not found a place for ...

View attachment 97259

Then I repurposed our old living room TV/Entertainment system cabinet when we upgrade to a larger flat screen from the old tube monster

It is an active work area, so my paint bottles and boxes of the kits I am working on currently are all over the desk

I also have a few large toys on top. I gave most of the stuff had to my nephews and cousins, but kept a few of the rarer things like the Mattel Eagle Transporter and of course my stereo speakers so I can listen to LPs

A nice benefit here is I can keep kit boxes of unbuilt kits in the various drawers and space behind the glass doors for easy acccess

View attachment 97261
View attachment 97262

View attachment 97263
View attachment 97264

And last of all another ones of those embarrassing areas I have just kind of half used as storage/half display that has gotten too messy

View attachment 97265
Like the eagle's, my favourite show in my younger day's. Way ahead of it's time.
Pantherman

I’m lucky. My wife was fine putting my big display cabinet smack dab in the main entry; it’s literally the first thing you see when coming thru the front door!
You're lucky, my wife just doesn't get it, she just asks if I have better things to do around the house rather than keep playing with those pointless plastic tanks and little soldiers.........answer, NO. And a few other words!!
Pantherman

My wife is fairly tolerant of most things, but the models stay in the hobby room. She did make an exception when I built a model of her first car (1969 MGB). That was displayed on her living room desk.
2023-02-18 10.01.11.jpg
I probably burned up all of my indulgence points when I hung the painting I commissioned for the cover of my second novel in the living room:
Cassie-Final-25pct.jpg

If I have a finished model I don't like or have to make room for a new build than I sell them on e-bay (pick out the one I like the least or a duplicate). Never a problem selling them if priced right. I have over 100 built models, aircraft and armor (mostly aircraft) on shelves and hanging from the ceiling in my basement.

If I have a finished model I don't like or have to make room for a new build than I sell them on e-bay (pick out the one I like the least or a duplicate). Never a problem selling them if priced right. I have over 100 built models, aircraft and armor (mostly aircraft) on shelves and hanging from the ceiling in my basement.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome!!! Look around great info here. Post some pics of those builds you have

How do you pack them well enough to sell or are you selling yours locally?

I don't think mine are sell-worthy. :D :p

How do you pack them well enough to sell or are you selling yours locally?

I don't think mine are sell-worthy. :D :p
The Styrofoam peanuts work the best. I put the model in the original box with the lid tucked into the bottom. I use a large over size box with plenty of soft packing material on top of the peanuts. Have sold 18 models in the last three months. I am not a professional builder but I keep doing better on almost every model I build. I also give the buyer the original instructions, extra decals and parts I don't need or want. Attached a few pictures.20230330_063155.jpg20230330_063312.jpg20230330_063325.jpg20230330_063204.jpg20230330_063312.jpg20230330_063334.jpg20230330_063417.jpg20230330_063155.jpg

Latest posts

Back