your favorite model airplane you own!

Definately the Airfix 1:24 Mossie ;D ;D ;D But the Airfix 1:24 Stuka nearly knocks it off its perch, dying too build it, but I need to finish EVERYTHING else first. ::)

Myke said:
Easily my Tamiya 1/32 F-15E that was purchased for me 16 years ago by and ex girlfriend (man she was awesome). It has been through so many moves that it's not even in the original box anymore, and the decals are completely yellowed over.
I've never had the confidence to do it justice until now, and just before the SMA 2011 spring contest started, I built the cockpit. It's going to be a superdetail build, complete with loads of AM parts I've purchased through the years. It should take me a good 5 or 6 months to finish after the contest is over and i'm down with my blackhawk.

cant wait to see what you come up with.

Jeeves said:
Mine is the Dauntless dive bomber...I have all the Accurate Miniatures variants and have built all but the -4, -6, and A-24 versions.

You should try the Trumpeter 1/32 scale Dauntless :) Awsome size !!

i also like the 1/48th scale Hasagawa FW-190A-8, lets see if i can fish up some Photos.

Schlachedvogelattack-1.jpg

Butcherbird2.jpg

Butcherbird1.jpg

Myke said:
Easily my Tamiya 1/32 F-15E that was purchased for me 16 years ago by and ex girlfriend (man she was awesome). It has been through so many moves that it's not even in the original box anymore, and the decals are completely yellowed over.
I've never had the confidence to do it justice until now, and just before the SMA 2011 spring contest started, I built the cockpit. It's going to be a superdetail build, complete with loads of AM parts I've purchased through the years. It should take me a good 5 or 6 months to finish after the contest is over and i'm down with my blackhawk.

Myke,when you get ready to build it let me know...I might be able to offer advice/tips if your interested.Mine has been in-progress for over 5 years now...but I'm getting bit by the bug (and harrassed by the wife ;)) to finish her up.All that is left is some re-scribing,paint/decals and weapons.

Does our favorite model have to be built? ;D

I got back into modelling a few years ago after a 10 year hiatus and the first one i built wass a 1/32 Stuka. I worked sooo hard on it, detailed the engine even though it gets locked up in the front but i moved from Brooklyn to Pennsylvania 2 years ago and it didnt survive the move :( nor did one of my X Wings and Space battleship Yamato. Oh poop.

punkpigpen said:
I got back into modelling a few years ago after a 10 year hiatus and the first one i built wass a 1/32 Stuka. I worked sooo hard on it, detailed the engine even though it gets locked up in the front but i moved from Brooklyn to Pennsylvania 2 years ago and it didnt survive the move :( nor did one of my X Wings and Space battleship Yamato. Oh poop.

thats one of the things about moving, models get broken easily...

Got to say.... its a pretty hard question to answer....

there are so many Cool airplanes... that I have in mind....

but the one... I had the most fun building... is the

BV-38 from Raiders of the lost Ark !

DSC04340_resize.jpg

although not a TRUE or Real Airplane... it holds a special place in my heart !

LOL

schweinhund227 said:

DSC04340_resize.jpg

LOL

That is outstanding! I have a dream diorama involving German "paper projects" and this is part of it.

schweinhund227 said:

DSC04340_resize.jpg

LOL

that is defenetly a nice looking scale model airplane.

:D. Thanks peoples....

I'm sure others here have similar kits or fav. Planes..... I didn't want to sway from the
Subject too much...

But I thank you for the comments....

Norm.

Out.

That's awesome Norm! I didn't even know that kit exited. I saw this at a show last year.

normal_IMG_8144web.jpg

Sorry guys...I missed the part about posting pics! ;). I did build up the Trumpy 1/32 as well...
100_5545.jpg

And here are the 1/48 AM kits...first up- a Midway -2...
100_3622.jpg
A -5 done up in an Atlantic scheme...
100_2634-1.jpg
And a -3 also based from Midway- this was Dick Best's ride...
100_1090.jpg

I also built a USMC pre-war yellow wing NMF -1 but I guess no digital pics...I'll have to remedy that! Still have a -4 and -6 to build based on the AM kits, as well as the Hasegawa A-24 (the Army version).

Lovin' that -5!! Sweet!!

My favorite kit is my (right now) unstarted Tamiya 1/32 F-4C/D..

I have every aftermarket item made for it,with the exception of seamless intakes.When complete...my project will resemble F-4D S/N 66-7550 circa 1985. This jet was a Vietnam MiG killer based out of Tinker AFB,Oklahoma City with the 507th TFG,and passed right over my house countless times.

F-4DOkie7-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back