What do you do with finished builds?

The Styrofoam peanuts work the best. I put the model in the original box with the lid tucked into the bottom. I use a large over size box with plenty of soft packing material on top of the peanuts. Have sold 18 models in the last three months. I am not a professional builder but I keep doing better on almost every model I build. I also give the buyer the original instructions, extra decals and parts I don't need or want. Attached a few pictures.View attachment 99027View attachment 99019View attachment 99016View attachment 99018View attachment 99019View attachment 99020View attachment 99021View attachment 99027
Very impressive! Your builds are really good too!
I agree with you, I think I get a little better with each build, too.
I got back into the hobby in September of last year.

Very impressive! Your builds are really good too!
I agree with you, I think I get a little better with each build, too.
I got back into the hobby in September of last year.
I got back in when I retired. Keeps your mind working, keeps you busy. I mainly build and paint in the winter months. I build some in the summer but I don't spray them until winter.

I got back in when I retired. Keeps your mind working, keeps you busy. I mainly build and paint in the winter months. I build some in the summer but I don't spray them until winter.
Here in Houston it's like Summer year-'round :D
I'll be retiring next year. Looking forward to it too.

I'm working on three at the moment. Hasegawa Corsair F4U-5, Hasegawa Dauntless dive bomber and an old Monogram
F4J Navy Phantom. When they are done I'll stop spray painting until late fall.
Retirement has been great for me. Enjoy yours when it comes.

The Styrofoam peanuts work the best. I put the model in the original box with the lid tucked into the bottom. I use a large over size box with plenty of soft packing material on top of the peanuts. Have sold 18 models in the last three months. I am not a professional builder but I keep doing better on almost every model I build. I also give the buyer the original instructions, extra decals and parts I don't need or want. Attached a few pictures.View attachment 99027View attachment 99019View attachment 99016View attachment 99018View attachment 99019View attachment 99020View attachment 99021View attachment 99027
That's some impressive work. Liking the stash, lot's of future forum fodder.
Pantherman

If you're looking for a display/curio cabinet to minimize the amount of dog fur on your belongings, there are a few things to consider. First, you'll want to choose a cabinet with solid doors or glass doors that seal tightly to keep fur from getting inside. Additionally, look for cabinets with shelves that are easy to clean and wipe down regularly.

In terms of minimizing dog fur in your home, regular grooming and vacuuming can be helpful. Brushing your dogs regularly can help to remove loose fur before it ends up on your floors and furniture, and using a high-quality vacuum designed for pet hair can make the task easier.

Overall, choosing the right display/curio cabinet and staying on top of grooming and cleaning can help you keep dog fur to a minimum in your home.
Thank you. I'll keep this information for when I shop again.
She is a very fluffy Husky. We brush her and take her to the groomers for desheding. She blowing her coat now that it's getting warmer.
I have to use the shop-vac on the floors because it is too much fur for our regular vacuum.:D lol

I hae ben putting things in a box. but I just started making things I was slightly proud of. I like to leave the latest one around near my work desk for a few weeks. then it goes in a box. the displays here are amazing

Latest posts

Back