W.I.P. Sd.Kfz. 223 Leichter Panzerspahwagon Funk

Rentar1

Don't let the NAZI bolt counters get you down!
Hi guys,

I thought I'd try my hand at a Work in progress build for you guys to follow along with. I'm building a 1/35 scale 223 german scout car by Hobby Boss.
DSC03298.jpg
Here are the contents....
DSC03299.jpg
DSC03300.jpg
It's going together like a dream. The only problem I have encountered so far is its missing a motor mount for the transmission. The instructions say there are (2) part 53 but there is only one, so , I made a piece to use out of styene. This is where I am at now...most of the frame, diff., wheels, Trans. and Engine assembled.
DSC03301.jpg
DSC03302.jpg
DSC03306.jpg
DSC03305.jpg
DSC03304.jpg
DSC03303.jpg

I've always liked this tough little recon vehicle. I will be following this build
with great interest. Keep up the good work. Thanks, Bill.

RENTAR1 ,

Yeah ! Cool vehicle ! I'm interested to see how th HB goes together ! Although ... it doesn't look like th rear just behind th turret is cut out ? On th real vehicle it's open with just th screen ? I haven't seen any one( manufacturer model that correctly . Do you plan to cut that out ?

Keep on Rockin' !!

Great little kit ,and a nice start ...look forward to this :)

Chris.

Spud- Thanks!

PA007- I looks like the body behind the turret is cut out. There is a photo etch screen. I haven't done any research yet on this 223 varients, mods , etc... I'm going to work on the frame, suspension, wheels, and engine prob. til completion or close to it then work on the body kind of like 2 seperate kits. geting the suspension and wheels to align properly looks like it's going to be a challenge.

Chris S- thanks for the interest.

Here is what I got done tonight. A little more gluing and some paint. As you can tell by the wheels I'm am going to paint this in Africa colors.
DSC03307.jpg
DSC03308.jpg
DSC03309.jpg
DSC03310.jpg
DSC03312.jpg
DSC03313.jpg

The wheels came out really goodnive an clean, youre making good progress on this one

Full speed ahead down the production hiway. You are a Machine.
Nice work, I like the idea of an Africa version. See you in the forum....Bill.

And for my next update....

I assembled the frame and engine painted, washed, minor rust and wear and coated in Future. Also applied some photo etch to the fighting compartment and glued in the "firewall" this thing must have been a noisey sucker to travel in. Also started painting some detail parts. Thanks for following along!
DSC03315.jpg
DSC03316.jpg
DSC03318.jpg
DSC03319.jpg
DSC03317.jpg
DSC03320.jpg

Great looking little chassis on these eh !! ....nice work too :)

Chris.

oh Very nice rentar very clear and some very nice painting too.

Boy, Rentar1, that 223 has some incredible detail. The progress is looking sweet.
Lots of P.E. too. Can't wait for the next installment...More..More...More!
See you in the forum. Bill.

haha just won this on ebay for £11.50, pretty good concidering the retail is £22 :) half price.

Spud,
It's money well spent. I'm having a blast putting this one together. Enjoy your kit!

Latest posts

Back