W.I.P. Sd.Kfz. 223 Leichter Panzerspahwagon Funk

Painting and weathering on the interior looks great, love the wood handles on the stick grenades.

ah mug shots too ... :D

RENTAR1,

It was good to see ya at th Show .... Love th Mug Shot !! Looks like a Helluva party !! Burbon & Bullets !!

@BIG JOHN, I dig th clothes .... You are in a re-enactment right ... or do you wear that just when You are modeling ? ;D

Cool Pix indeed !!

It was great to me you too, Eric. And also Bomberboy. I had a great time at the show even got to take a couple awards home. Incredible talent at the Richmond IPMS Show! I'll be continuing my build tomorrow had to help out my folks for a few days. Can't wait to continue the building process.

I got a First place for my Panzer 1a (1/35 Open top armor Axis) and Third for my HMS Illustrious (1/700 Surface Powered Maritime). For the record I was and am shocked I got what I did. The were so many HIGH QUALITY entries in each catagory. My hats off to all the talented modellers that went to the show this weekend, who won awards and also DID NOT WIN AWARDS. It couldn't have been easy for the judges to sort out the award takers. I'll try and post some pics this weekend.

RENTAR1 ,

WoW Dude !! Congrats on th wins !! It was tough. I got there late , but was able to look over some of th Armor !!

Rock-On !! \m/

Well, Back to the build! I was about to wrap up the interior, which Hobby Boss provided a huge assortment of detail parts. Then I realized they left out a key piece of equipment in my "German RADIO Scout Car" ......THE RADIO! So, after an hour or so surfing the inter-web for reference I found where the radio was located in the car. I then scratchbuilt a radio and frame. Now my interior is complete. I gave it a dark brown pin and general wash applied some decals and dullcoted it. On to the exterior!
DSC03570.jpg
DSC03571.jpg
DSC03572.jpg

Rentar1,
Either the Quality Control people at HB were on dope and let the radio forgetting slip past their
addled minds, OR it's an aftermarket conspiracy forcing frustrated modelers into buying their way-
overpriced items. Personally, I think it's both. Sorry you had to suffer their "not having a radio in
a radiocar" feasco. Just another example of "US" modelers having to chomp a crap sandwich for our
love of the hobby.
TERRIFIC job on the radio and frame. Interior looks sweet. Keep on rolling with the build, brother.
See you in the forum. Bill

the one of the radio you found. i see your wip np, ya done a great job on the radio btw,

I understand now Spud...Sorry I a little slow to day. Got cut back on the glue sniffin'! Here are the reference pics I used. One is of the radio frame in a museum piece and the other is a random radio I "loosely" based my poor scatch built radios on.
untitled.jpg

251-radio1.jpg

Bill is absolutely right regarding with the AM parts... most of parts should be included in the kit. One advantage of the modeler is scratch building but sometime its harder to SBS than to buy the AM part. 8)

Btw awesome work on the interior, nice save Rentar ;D

ah sweet i have a few of them in teh spraes ills just need to build the frame. thanks rentar

Thanks for the comments. I like the challenge of scratch building. It may not be kit quality but it is fun and I get a little better at it every time I try.

Well everybody,
Glued the body shut, Got her painted, a little highlighting, and decals. I'm getting excited. She is starting to look like something now!
DSC03581.jpg
DSC03575.jpg
DSC03576.jpg
DSC03580.jpg
DSC03577.jpg
DSC03578.jpg
DSC03582.jpg
next stop Washes!

oh ya she is looking SAWEEEET :eek: i was thinking of doing an afrika corps version my self ... i may do it once my Su-85M is done

Latest posts

Back