W.I.P. Sd.Kfz. 223 Leichter Panzerspahwagon Funk

Thanks alot Spud. Africa Corps stuff is alot of fun to work on...nice change of pace from the greens and grays.

That 223 looks sweet with its African colors on. I like the fade around the insignia.
Man.....this build has flown together for you. Blink an eye and you'll be done....HAHA!
Keep up the good work, Rob. See you in the forum. Bill

Chippage! Not too bad just a little desert sand blasting on the edges mostly. Hand panted gunmetal Modelmaster enamel.
DSC03583.jpg
DSC03584.jpg
DSC03586.jpg
DSC03585.jpg

A very nice DAK spahwagen , Rentar, Congrats ! :)

I´ve never buit one of these... maybe one day... they look really interesting...
Cheers
RG

PD: Oh, due to my english language limitations it is NOW when I understand what´s the meaning of that "NAZI bolt counters" expression ;D ;D ;D ha,ha,ha... I was thinking "what the hell will be a nazi bolt counter ? ? ... a Luftwaffe secret weapon ? ? " ... then I realized very recently (yeah: I´m as Smart as Super Agent 86) that it meant "rivet counter" ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the kind words Jelly. Sorry, I gave you a little confusion. I'm not a fan of modelers that pretend to be experts on a particular piece of equipment. In armor MOST equipment was field modified by the crews out of a strong need, or for comfort. These tanks were homes to thier crews and if they needed a bracket welded on to make their lives easier they put one on. It seems that some modelers believe that if there was not a picture taken of a modification or if it is not on an example in a museum, than it didn't exist. I would wager to say that no two of the same varient of tanks were "exactly" the same. Those people seem to get caught up in details that take away some of the fun in modeling.

This is just my opinion. If you want to model that way and let the "experts" instruct you how the tank should be, thats fine as long as you are having fun. Just don't knock other modelers for doing their own thing. VOTE FOR ME! I'll get off my soapbox now.

A New update is forthcoming!....almost done!

i have to agree with ya rob that kinda stuff is a pain in teh arse, my answer to them is go build it teh way you want and ill do it teh way i want,

Well, the constuction is complete. Still want to place on a base, add a little stowage and a couple of figures. Over all A highly recomended kit. It went together GREAT. I was very impressed by the anntenna. It was fragile but fit the model super, square and straight.
DSC03587.jpg
DSC03588.jpg
DSC03589.jpg
DSC03592.jpg
DSC03594.jpg DSC03595.jpg
DSC03596.jpg
Thanks for following...my next pic update will hopfully be a complete scene!
Rob W.

Hi Rob,

smashing finish.......really love it :)

great stuff

shane.

Rob Ya done a Cracking job on this cant wait to see it ona base,

Thank You very much Longlance and Spud. I'm very proud of it.

I strong agree with your opinion Rob, modelling is for fun!!! no tank is the same not unless it came out from the factory ;D

Simply Amazing work!!! love the whole package!!!

WOW, Rob! The 223 looks FANTASTIC!
With each passing model your KUNG FU grows strong, Grasshopper!
Congrats! Bill

Hi Rob that is very nice, well done mate! A base and some figures sounds good.

Cheers
JT

Eastrock, PANZERMAN, John T and schweinhund227 Thankyou very much for your kind words. I get a great deal of modivation from all the people on this site. As a modeler I hope that my skills improve with every model I complete. On top of the satifaction in finishing a model and getting compliments. I really do have fun working at this hobby and learning from you guys on this site. Thanks again!

I need to get out of the office more...seems I have been missing lots of things!!! Nice work Rob!! Love the chipping...great work!! ;)

Latest posts

Back