Tomcat build

Hi All

Moving ahead with the Tomcat I am basically working through the last bits. First off the last bit of the cockpit that I needed to finish off was the seats. They are basically a little kit on their own. Here they are the decal set has a number of bits that really set then off.

e4.jpg

e5.jpg

Next the ordinance. I know this has been said before but I have a gripe with Hasegawa kits, they are big money but they do not give you anything to hang off of them. Anyways I dug up a couple of bombs

e3.jpg

The one thing I noticed was that Navy bombs seem to have a rough texture. As you can see above these are pretty smooth. I have read that a number of people use putty to make this texture, this seems like too much work to me. I took some Tamiya extra thin and bathed the bomb part. Then took an old brush and stabbed the bomb to make the texture. Turned out Ok I think

e9.jpg

Now for my fat thumb move. There are some microscopic clear pieces for the wingtip lights long story short these are now residence of my carpet. So I tried to make some out of white glue. Apply the glue and shape

e6.jpg

Do this a couple of times and wait for it to dry.

e7.jpg

A bit of paint and I think we are good

e8.jpg

Anyways on with the weathering, should be done soon

e2-1.jpg

Rob

Hi All I think it is done. Thanks all for the feedback as I went through this with you all. Please let me know what think

fin1.jpg

fin3.jpg

fin4.jpg

fin6.jpg

fin5.jpg

fin17.jpg

fin19.jpg

fin21.jpg

fin22.jpg

fin23.jpg

fin25.jpg

fin26.jpg