The Italian Job!

T:

Friend you have a rocket in your hands, is very fast progress.

Excellent your advances my friend :eek: :eek: , Lol, ::) I think I'll able to watch this great work done for Christmas

Cheers

Richard

Thank you Richard! ;) I would like to see this put to bed, so to speak, by Christmas...we will have to both wait and see! ;D Glad you like what you see...you K4 products are helping this along rather nicely Sir, see below!.....

Before I started the heavy Rust inside I applied some rust shading as a base using a mix of Tamiya paints. I then used K4 Base Rust and Catalysts to create some of the rusting effects.

Before

Picture079-1.jpg

After

Picture115.jpg

This Base and catalyst can be applied a number of ways. Base applied and wait till dry, then apply an one and/or combination of A thru H catalyst which gives you different rust color results. You can mix base and catalyst directly and apply in one step...like I did here and you can apply base and simply Airbrush the catalyst on after. The results are seen earlier with premixed method and fully within 24 hours at which time you can continue on with normal weathering or apply more of the same catalyst or even a different on to give you multi-tonal effects.

I am putting together a complete review of the K4 "Rusting System" as I like to call it soon. Really interesting new product along with a whole line of pigments too coming. Keep and eye out!

Back on track....

After applying a clear coat I was able to give this a quick light filter and a couple of washes Using an AK Interactive Filter for NATO Tanks, Track wash and Winter Streaking Grime not fully mixed up for a pin wash of sorts...

Picture143.jpg

Picture136.jpg

Picture135.jpg

I have a last step of adding some pigment to the interior. SOme different rusting tones and light and darker soot remnants.

Lastly, before I had some developing issues in the Airbrush department :-X, I was able to get down some base color.

Picture145.jpg

Picture146.jpg

Once I resolve the so called "issues" I am having, I hope to lay down some camo and then chip chip chip away.

Thanks for stopping by to have a look see!!! ;)

Definitely looking great, T!!!

you've really got a lot of access to weathering and pigment products ;D

That's a really cool project and you're doing a great job on it.
Looking forward for more.
Cheers

Thanks guys! The encouragement is a great booster!!

Ches - I am fortunate enough to be able to has easy access to a wide variety of products, like AK Interactive, locally here in the US. When I get a few extra bucks, I pick one up ;) I have also be fortunate to have received some of the K4 line to try out and review before Richard from K4 fully markets this line. It takes a little while to get a pretty good collection of "tools" going. ;D

Thanks for stopping by!! ;)

T, I agree... you really got easy access on the wide variety of products, the only I'm fortunate enough is a wide variety of Tamiya products and Vallejo but not the full range, they are lacking of model Air. Revell kits are also hard to come by.

I can see K4 is looks promising on the weathering pigments. Hope it would also arrive in our shores ;D

Eastrock,

Not too bad being able to easily get Tamiya, lot's of decent choices, as for the Vallejo, I think if you can get the Model Color you would end up with more Bang for the Buck. Just thinning it out, gives you the Model Air ;) Revell seems to be a dime a dozen in these parts too, it's everywhere. PE is definitely one of those things that not everybody carries. We end up ordering online or waiting for a show to come around...if we use it at all! 8)

TRM said:
Eastrock,

Not too bad being able to easily get Tamiya, lot's of decent choices, as for the Vallejo, I think if you can get the Model Color you would end up with more Bang for the Buck. Just thinning it out, gives you the Model Air ;) Revell seems to be a dime a dozen in these parts too, it's everywhere. PE is definitely one of those things that not everybody carries. We end up ordering online or waiting for a show to come around...if we use it at all! 8)

That's the good thing about Tamiya... only the Art store sells Vallejo but not the whole model color range, have to wait 2 months to order the color that's not on the their list. as for the PE, if you lucky to find the part that you need i.e Lion roar, Eduard, its a treasure trove for modeler who doesn't buys new production kits but settles to old kits. If you remember I had to plan what to buy to a particular LHS on what products to buy, have to call them first. as for Revell its much more popular here than Fujimi... Just like hot cakes, there are more car modelers here than armors.

LOL...seems to be the thing, "Trends"!! I like some of the old kits better sometimes. Not just the cheaper pricing, but if you are going to bash, wreck and/or rust something up it's far less painful then destroying a $75USD kit. ;D

Looking great T, coming along nicely.

Speaking of AB issues, I split the little tip in my Sotar, sound familiar? :-\

You need to let me know how that all went with you as I'll need to address it the same way I s'pose. Lucky I have other brushes I guess.

Thanks Fellas! Finally getting back in today from spending way too much money on a new bed!!! :eek: But if the wife is happy..... ::)

Heading down stairs in a bit to see if I can work things out ??? ??? ???

PM sent Ken!! ;D

Hi TRM;

Thats very cool I like rust ........man that looks good!

Its been a while since I have been here TRM you have been doing some good work.

Now to catch up what all you guys have been up too.

XXX

Thank you Big John!!! Mighty Kind of you!! ;)

Hello XXX...welcome back my friend!! I thank you as well!! ;) You will be spending some time playing catch-up on all the builds around....Tremendous stuff going on around here!! ;D

Back on track a little...

I finally got something I think I can work with out of the AB tonight.

Picture162.jpg

Picture164.jpg

A lot of the camo and paint on the underside will be removed Via Water, Alcohol and some rubbing. I will be waiting till tomorrow to attack some of the chipping along the fenders and corners.

I might hit the inside with some various pigment tonight so that I can close this little beast up. I will be cutting some stock this week to start making a base.

Thanks for having a peek!!! ;)

Latest posts

Back