The great pink Spitfire challenge

Totally agree, lot's of fun to do a duel build. I have found a photo which may help with my dilemma, posted below.

Definitely up for another duel build, name your poison !!!

I am planning on building my Space 1999 Eagle after the Spitfire so it will probably be a couple of months, plenty of time to decide the subject. Pantherman Pinky
Those are some of the photos I used as reference.
After this beautiful bird-build I'll be trying the '72 Chevey truck for Tom, my father-in-law. He doesn't know anything about it so I'm hoping I do it justice.

When I was a young boy I built mostly cars and a few airplane kits.

Since I've gotten back in the hobby I have built 5 tanks, one armored vehicle, and six planes, including the pink girl, and four dioramas.
I find that there is always something new to learn and of course many questions to ask.

I remember Space 1999. We didn't watch it too much. Wasn't Loren Geeen in that show?

Those are some of the photos I used as reference.
After this beautiful bird-build I'll be trying the '72 Chevey truck for Tom, my father-in-law. He doesn't know anything about it so I'm hoping I do it justice.

When I was a young boy I built mostly cars and a few airplane kits.

Since I've gotten back in the hobby I have built 5 tanks, one armored vehicle, and six planes, including the pink girl, and four dioramas.
I find that there is always something new to learn and of course many questions to ask.

I remember Space 1999. We didn't watch it too much. Wasn't Loren Geeen in that show?
Opps, don't say that as the sci-fi members will be having heart attacks right now.
Lorne Green was battlestar Galactica.

It was Martin Landau as Commander John Koenig. I'm a sci-fi nut myself. Many a happy hour as a kid travelling the star's through the TV. Trying to create that feeling again by building an Eagle from the show. Pantherman Pinky

Opps, don't say that as the sci-fi members will be having heart attacks right now.
Lorne Green was battlestar Galactica.

It was Martin Landau as Commander John Koenig. I'm a sci-fi nut myself. Many a happy hour as a kid travelling the star's through the TV. Trying to create that feeling again by building an Eagle from the show. Pantherman Pinky
o_O ohhh noooo. Sorry sci-fiers. lol
I never have been much for that type of space sci-fi, except for a few Star Trek movies, and most of the Star Wars franchise. Definitely SW 4,5,& 6 were the best for me. 1,2, & 3 meh.
I just watched 65 with Adam Driver, it was entertaining.
Back in the '70s action shows I watched were Gunsmoke that was a favorite for me and dad, being a police officer we watched Adam-12. A-12 is showing on the freevee station on Roku.

The '70s were good to be a kid. We'd stay outside all day riding our bikes and Big-Wheels, until the streetlights came on and sometime after if we stayed in the front yard or driveway always fighting off the other state-bird, the mosquitoes :p
Now we are in our 50's and my oldest will be 20 this year.:( And the youngest is already getting offers from colleges for softball. She is a junior in high school.

No bombs for me either.
I'm also in two minds about the invasion stripes. They seem to defeat the point of painting the thing Pink for camouflage with bloody great black and white lines saying "I'm here" ?
Having said that, they also have target's on the wings and fuselage so you see my problem I hope!!!
Pantherman Pinky
So I decided to go with the stripes. Almost done the masking for the white one's but it's way past my bedtime. Will have to finish the wing tomorrow. Think I might brush paint these stripes with several light coats as don't want them too prominent.

If you're wondering why the clamps the reason is I have fitted the aerial and don't want to break it off fiddling about with tape.
Pantherman Pinky

Attachments

• 20230722_223016.jpg
    20230722_223016.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230722_223031.jpg
    20230722_223031.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 6
So I decided to go with the stripes. Almost done the masking for the white one's but it's way past my bedtime. Will have to finish the wing tomorrow. Think I might brush paint these stripes with several light coats as don't want them too prominent.

If you're wondering why the clamps the reason is I have fitted the aerial and don't want to break it off fiddling about with tape.
Pantherman Pinky
Nice job!
Yes, I popped mine off the tail. I glued it back on only to have it fall off again, bummer.
I'd like to get one of those stands for models, but I like your idea of the clamps.
I'll work on mine tonight right the wife and I are watching a scary movie The Last Exorcism. It's like a documentary-style movie, and the priest is kind of a Flim-Flam man. I think he's in for a rude awakening before too long. :eek:

o_O ohhh noooo. Sorry sci-fiers. lol
I never have been much for that type of space sci-fi, except for a few Star Trek movies, and most of the Star Wars franchise. Definitely SW 4,5,& 6 were the best for me. 1,2, & 3 meh.
I just watched 65 with Adam Driver, it was entertaining.
Back in the '70s action shows I watched were Gunsmoke that was a favorite for me and dad, being a police officer we watched Adam-12. A-12 is showing on the freevee station on Roku.

The '70s were good to be a kid. We'd stay outside all day riding our bikes and Big-Wheels, until the streetlights came on and sometime after if we stayed in the front yard or driveway always fighting off the other state-bird, the mosquitoes :p
Now we are in our 50's and my oldest will be 20 this year.:( And the youngest is already getting offers from colleges for softball. She is a junior in high school.
Well I think you have set the stage for our next duel build. SCI-FI ? Or a Belvedere ?
What do you think?
Pantherman.

That's what I thought :D and also from Stephen King's Christine. Of course different years. Lol
When I was little, maybe 2, I remember dad had a Ford Galaxie. It had a single red light on top. At that time he was in theK-9 unit with Blitz. Blitz was a great dog and always looked after me. When he hopped in the back of dad's police car his personality change to "let's go get some bad guys!"

If I can find a Belvedere on Amazon or ebay that would be a nice build.

That's what I thought :D and also from Stephen King's Christine. Of course different years. Lol
When I was little, maybe 2, I remember dad had a Ford Galaxie. It had a single red light on top. At that time he was in theK-9 unit with Blitz. Blitz was a great dog and always looked after me. When he hopped in the back of dad's police car his personality change to "let's go get some bad guys!"

If it's available then looks like could have our next duel build sorted. Pantherman

Shame on you. 1967 Plymouth Belvedere was the black and white from Adam 12.
Pantherman Pinky
Adam 12’s Pilot episode had a 1967 Belvedere. After that it went with the new model year cars that the LAPD used. Just an FYI

Last edited:
Adam 12’s Pilot episode had a 1967 Belvedere. After that it went with the new model year cars that the LAPD used. Just an FYI
Got to admit to goggleing that one as never had that show here in England when I was a kid. I bow to yours and Gary's knowledge. Pantherman

Found one I think, will need a bit of scratch building to make it a black and white though. Pantherman

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230723_194814_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230723_194814_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 5
Found one I think, will need a bit of scratch building to make it a black and white though. Pantherman
Possibly so. For instance the light and sirens and the LAPD side decal. Those might be a bit on the difficult side.
I found a few Belvedere even on Amazon.
What gloss coat do you use? I have a Testors and a Vallejo. I'll want a gloss on the B&W. Maybe a rattle-can would be a good alternative.

Found a Satellite which is basically the same car. The only police car I can find is the Plymouth Fury.

Attachments

• 06D3F125-255D-4F6E-A0A2-F526BC3CFA38.jpeg
    06D3F125-255D-4F6E-A0A2-F526BC3CFA38.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 2
Possibly so. For instance the light and sirens and the LAPD side decal. Those might be a bit on the difficult side.
What gloss coat do you use? I have a Testors and a Vallejo. I'll want a gloss on the B&W. Maybe a rattle-can would be a good alternative.
I use Tamiya rattle can clear coat.

I'm going to have to rely on yourself and golanthius on this one as I really have no idea of what I'm building. Pantherman

Back