"Pink" Spitfire has arrived.

GaryG64

I ordered an eduard Spitfire Mk.XVI 1/48 scale to use as the pink version.
History:
Flying over enemy territory during the day and at low altitudes is dangerous at the best of times - and it was decided that painting some of the iconic fighters pink might just help pilots flying these dangerous missions survive.

The idea is that the pink hue makes the planes much harder to spot against clouds light up the low sun at dawn and dusk, and even makes them harder to spot when flying higher against light-blue or cloudy skies the rest of the time. (The Sun)

Attachments

• pink camo.jpg
    pink camo.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 4
  • AmIYBxSCEAA0KZX.jpg large.jpg
    AmIYBxSCEAA0KZX.jpg large.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 4
My kit pics. It contains a very nice, full-color booklet of 19 pages. Nicely detailed parts on the trees as well as PE parts, cut masks, and a nice full page of decals for 5 different model types.

Attachments

• 20230627_131138.jpg
    20230627_131138.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230627_132520.jpg
    20230627_132520.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230627_131532.jpg
    20230627_131532.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230627_131225.jpg
    20230627_131225.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230627_131309.jpg
    20230627_131309.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 8
Yes we are. Wanna join in?
Really looking forward to this. Any fellow members want a piece of the action before we set the start date ? Pantherman

Gary, that's a really nice kit. If all goes well then I think I may be adding the Eduard kit to my stash. Pantherman

I'm doing the poor man's version, tamiya kit with extra ICM figures. Unlike some who are going in all gun's blazing with their Eduard posh version!!! Pantherman
Who Dat? Lol
I just saw the price and it was reasonable. However, after I clicked order I saw the shipping charge later... oops
I need to look at the fine print.

I'm just going to watch on this build. I have my P40 to finish and a Mk Ia Spit to do yet.

Really looking forward to this. Any fellow members want a piece of the action before we set the start date ? Pantherman

Gary, that's a really nice kit. If all goes well then I think I may be adding the Eduard kit to my stash. Pantherman
It looks really good. Looking forward to opening the plastic.
Just cleaned out the airbrush. The pink paint won't be here for a few days, yet.

I'm ready to start when you are, PM.
Come one come all. It's going to be a blast!

In looking at the sprue on this Spitfire, there is a lot of fiddly pieces.
I have not built an eduard kit all of the kits I have built, since coming back to the hobby a year ago, have been 8 Tamiya and one Revell.

Pantherman, brother, are you ready to start? Let me know when you're ready.

In looking at the sprue on this Spitfire, there is a lot of fiddly pieces.
I have not built an eduard kit all of the kits I have built, since coming back to the hobby a year ago, have been 8 Tamiya and one Revell.

Pantherman, brother, are you ready to start? Let me know when you're ready.
Gary, looking at Saturday 8th to start if that's OK with you? That will give me a chance to clear the decks and clean down everything ready for pinky to begin.

That's easy. I already know PM will have the better build. He does excellent work.
I'm not really looking to see which build is the better as I know you are equally as good a modeler as I try to be.

Just the fun of a duel build is good enough for me. Pantherman.

I'm not really looking to see which build is the better as I know you are equally as good a modeler as I try to be.

Absolutely. It will be a lot of fun.

Gary, looking at Saturday 8th to start if that's OK with you? That will give me a chance to clear the decks and clean down everything ready for pinky to begin.
Sure. I think we'll be in Galveston for the day but I have the night to start the build.
By the way, your Stug is coming along great! Looking forward to see it progress.

I didn't mean that the poll would be which is better. Both of you are very good model builders. I was thinking more of style preference. I am confident that both builds will be quality work.
Maybe I will jump in on a duel build at some point. It sounds really fun.

I didn't mean that the poll would be which is better. Both of you are very good model builders. I was thinking more of style preference. I am confident that both builds will be quality work.
Maybe I will jump in on a duel build at some point. It sounds really fun.
Any time, any theme, just name the build and your on. Got to spread the fun. Pantherman

Latest posts

Back