Pink is so yesterday. Red is today !!

Looking at another group build so pitching some ideas before we decide.

Anyone more than welcome to join in, more the merrier. Pantherman
Revell size. Pantherman

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231002_213546_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20231002_213546_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 10
Now that we have decided on the build, are we going with one manufacturer or different ones like eduard and/or Revell?

While I was looking for wooden props for our planes I came across this article on painting plastic props. I don't know how to paint things to look like wood, but this seems to be easy to understand for me and I thought I would share.

Really looking forward to this build.

I kind of like the Eduard kit Pantherman found.

Our friend Golanthius already has the 1/28 kit.

Would anyone be opposed to having different Red Barron kits?

https://finescale.com/how-to/online-extras/2021/04/snapshot-paint-wood-grain-on-propellers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231003_000530_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20231003_000530_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
While watching the movie Flyboys I see that the German leader is in a black tri wing.

Attachments

• 6149c9cca2c59_BLACKFALCON01.jpg.8bb3ad6023de5da8b744c3a3368b1c55.jpg
    6149c9cca2c59_BLACKFALCON01.jpg.8bb3ad6023de5da8b744c3a3368b1c55.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 8
Now that we have decided on the build, are we going with one manufacturer or different ones like eduard and/or Revell?
I'm leaning towards the Revell one as it's on offer and the reviews are pretty good. Also golanthius already has the kit.

I might be tempted to buy the PE as aftermarket but not sure yet. Pantherman

While I was looking for wooden props for our planes I came across this article on painting plastic props. I don't know how to paint things to look like wood, but this seems to be easy to understand for me and I thought I would share.

Really looking forward to this build.

I kind of like the Eduard kit Pantherman found.

Our friend Golanthius already has the 1/28 kit.

Would anyone be opposed to having different Red Barron kits?

https://finescale.com/how-to/online-extras/2021/04/snapshot-paint-wood-grain-on-propellers
Better to have different versions then we can all see the pros and cons. Pantherman

I'm leaning towards the Revell one as it's on offer and the reviews are pretty good. Also golanthius already has the kit.

I might be tempted to buy the PE as aftermarket but not sure yet. Pantherman
Ok. That would be nice to have 2 awesome builders doing the Revell kit.

I haven't been able to find the Eduard kit in stock anywhere and I can get the Revell kit cheap so I am going to go that route. Years back Eduard did a limited edition for Flyboys that had the markings for that black triplane but it is in 1/72 scale.

Latest posts

Back