Pink is so yesterday. Red is today !!

Hey guys. Been busy with life and havent been checking all the pages like I normally would.

So, the Dr1 is the subject matter. Has anyone given thought to the 1/32 Meng kit? I have like 2 WWI plane kits, and thats one of them. LOL
Hi, it's the dr1 in any shape, colour or size. The more the merrier. Pantherman

Alrighty then. Guess I will be building a Dr1 next. I may have built ONE WWI plane in my life, and that was when I was like 13. LOL A Sopwith Camel I believe.
Welcome aboard, great to have you join the build. You are 1 biplane better than me as I have never done one. Done a couple of ww2 one's though. Pantherman

Now I'm going to choose between these two. I like them both equally.
Maybe combine the two :p :p

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231006_234201_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20231006_234201_eBay.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 5
  • d71240cb54ecf43a.jpg
    d71240cb54ecf43a.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 5
I'm doing both. First the Eduard kit as the red barron and then the revell kit in black.

I'm just greedy......Pantherman
I think I will join you and do both kits.
I received the Eduard kit today

Attachments

• IMG_2403.jpeg
    IMG_2403.jpeg
    204.6 KB · Views: 3
I'm doing both. First the Eduard kit as the red barron and then the revell kit in black.

I'm just greedy......Pantherman
My kit came in yesterday. I'll be ready soon.

So sounds the starting pistol.
Release the hounds, the fox hunt is underway!
I'll join y'all on Tuesday. See you then.

My kit came in yesterday. I'll be ready soon.

So sounds the starting pistol.
Release the hounds, the fox hunt is underway!
I'll join y'all on Tuesday. See you then.
I will start when I finish with the Dauntless. Should be done in the next few days.

I took a peek at my kit and I saw two long triangular decals. Does anyone know what they are for?
I didn't see any placement for them, unless I overlooked it. Could they be for the propeller?

I took a peek at my kit and I saw two long triangular decals. Does anyone know what they are for?
I didn't see any placement for them, unless I overlooked it. Could they be for the propeller?
They go on the inner cockpit fuselage but make sure you cut them to fit the panels both side's as they usually come just over. Pantherman

I think I will join you and do both kits.
I received the Eduard kit today
Hi golanthius, I had a closer peek at the revell kit. Nice size but there is so much flash we are going to have to be careful not to cut off any pins or details. Pantherman

Has anyone ever painted a prop to look as layered wood?
Funny you mention that. I bought some wood color and light brown testors paint at Hobby Lobby today for just that purpose.
I will paint the light brown undercoat, then the wood color on top of it, then scratch thin lines in topcoat to look like wood grain.
I hope this will work.
Long answer to your question.
Short answer is No. LOL

Funny you mention that. I bought some wood color and light brown testors paint at Hobby Lobby today for just that purpose.
I will paint the light brown undercoat, then the wood color on top of it, then scratch thin lines in topcoat to look like wood grain.
I hope this will work.
Long answer to your question.
Short answer is No. LOL
Thanks, I might give that a try.

I was poking around on Scalemates and that Revell kit is a tooling from 1957. That would explain the simplicity and flash.

Latest posts

Back