Tamiya Morris Mini Cooper 1275S Rally Car

Red mini.

8fkLyHJ.jpg

9NBTWOp.jpg

Fantastic Ian nicely weathered also.

I know you had an issue with the paint on the seat but to go a step further you could use Tamiya Masking tape and do things like this. This is the VW Samba bus that is in my drawer... it needs to get finished one day
_MG_1692.jpg
_MG_1731.jpg

Anyhow looking forward to more.

Oh that's nice, and a great way to get that worn effect. I'll have to try that at some point.

it sure is, i used cotton for the fluff like the on ear cleaners :)

Ian, totally diggen the work your doing on this kit. Did you use Bare Metal Foil for all the trim or is that a Silver Sharpie ? Either way it looks great. I'm about to get my first experience at doing BMF on the 1968 Corvette Roadster Im currently working on. I thought about just doing the Silver Sharpie method at first but then got the BMF and figured I mise well give it a shot. Never going to learn how to BMF if I don't give it a shot so I spent the $7 on ebay and got the BMF. If it doesn't work out and I blow all the BMF attempting it Ill shift to the Sharpie but I'm hoping it works out ok for me and I can continue to enhance my skills on using BMF ha ha. Great work so far man keep it up and keep posting pics.

The silver around the windows is sharpie, the rest is just sprayed chrome silver.

Decals this evening. One more night and I think it's done.

TGYTIYM.jpg

V2UNZjP.jpg

uZDNg1b.jpg

Fr1DO3E.jpg

jNIimUF.jpg

FAOIwIp.jpg

Fantastic finish Ian

Top quality job all around and the splashed up mud really brings it to lifr

great work mate

Yes, the weathering was essentail. Neat Mini. I would like to pick one up sometime. I didn't realize how small it was.

Very nice looking Mini Sir,

I would still like one of these one day ;D

Driving on the freeway might be a bit scary though. :-\

Gag

This is very well done. Looks completely awesome Ian. Congrats.

Gonna go back and read through it when I get a chance to give it some time.

Ian, I was wondering, do they give you the option to build this stock with stock wheels? It doesn't look like it but thought I ask.

Thanks everyone! Really pleased with how this turned out, though it was pretty time consuming with all the different paint options.

@noname - The kit does offer a set of standard rims, but not the tires.

That turned out Fantastic! I like the weathering on it, not too much mud, but just enough. Over all really nicely detailed Mini, too. Congratulations on very fine looking build.

Ian, as I said from the beginning awesome job dude. You tore this one up. What weathering products did you use ? AK or Mig or ??? Looken forward to your next build.

Latest posts

Back