Plymouth Belvedere / Adam-12 Police Car

Coming along nicely, like the chrome trim. I will have to get one of those chrome pens. Pantherman
Thank you.

The pens come 3 to a pak, small tip, medium, & large. I got the from Amazon. I don't remember how much a paid.

Almost ready for assembly now.Pantherman
Got the thing together eventually. Thought I was on a good run as the chrome parts were going on pretty well, then this happens........
Much swearing and angry face .

So now I have to rub it all down again, 2 black gloss then 3 coats of gloss varnish to get back to where I was several hours ago.

And yes,I i know the bumper is not straight. Pantherman

Attachments

• 20230910_122450.jpg
    20230910_122450.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230910_122450.jpg
    20230910_122450.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 13
Got the chrome done around the front and back and the small triangular windows. It might be a little difficult to see the chrome in these pics.

I attached a pic of the chrome pins I use. They work really well.

I remember those small windows. They would really push the wind inside!
Chrome turned out great. Looks a bit more neat than mine.
I have a set of those pens (wide,medium,and fine tip). They work well.

Got the thing together eventually. Thought I was on a good run as the chrome parts were going on pretty well, then this happens........

So now I have to rub it all down again, 2 black gloss then 3 coats of gloss varnish to get back to where I was several hours ago.

Is that a thumb print? I hate when that happens.
I had a hard time getting the body on the chassis. It didn’t want to fit. After getting frustrated and walking away, I came back to it and it fell into place perfectly.

Last edited:
Is that a thumb print? I hate when that happens.
I had a hard time getting the body on the chassis. It didn’t want to fit. After getting frustrated and walking away, I came back to it and it fell into place perfectly.
Big clumsy thumbs definitely don't help when building models.
I did exactly the same thing as you with the bodywork although I walked away twice !!
Pantherman

Too bad the kit came with a floor shifter. Pretty unlikely that a police car was not an automatic on the steering column.
True. When I was doing research on the 64 Belvedere, on the ones i found I did see floor shifts. However, these were all civilian cars.

OMG! I am so sorry that happened. At least it didn't happen to your windscreen.

OMG! I am so sorry that happened. At least it didn't happen to your windscreen.
I have been very very careful with the clear parts. I bought some watch polish and gave them a clean before and after fitting. I will give the outside another clean at the end of the build. Pantherman

The polyurethane seems to be way to thick to flow in a steady mist. The bottle says:
"Can be used directly with airbrush of needle of 0.4mm without dilution."
I'm using a 0.5 and there is barely any coming out.it did mess up my hood, so now I have to resend that area and possibly repaint it. Since it seemed to thick I used some thinner, and still no es nada.
I have a little bottle of vallejo gloss, I'll try that tomorrow.
If that doesn't work it's off the the hardware store for a rattle can of a nice high gloss.
I just had an idea... what about using some Future floor gloss? I think I'll try that instead. I'll test it on the hood first. What do I have to lose? I have to redo it anyway.

Attachments

• 20230911_004740.jpg
    20230911_004740.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230911_004800.jpg
    20230911_004800.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 2
The polyurethane seems to be way to thick to flow in a steady mist. The bottle says:
"Can be used directly with airbrush of needle of 0.4mm without dilution."
I'm using a 0.5 and there is barely any coming out.it did mess up my hood, so now I have to resend that area and possibly repaint it. Since it seemed to thick I used some thinner, and still no es nada.
I have a little bottle of vallejo gloss, I'll try that tomorrow.
If that doesn't work it's off the the hardware store for a rattle can of a nice high gloss.
I just had an idea... what about using some Future floor gloss? I think I'll try that instead. I'll test it on the hood first. What do I have to lose? I have to redo it anyway.
I used this thinned 50/50 with vallejo thinner and it worked fairly well in airbrush 0.3 needle. Pantherman

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230911_084801_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230911_084801_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 7
I also have the vallejo gloss varnish which I mix up the same. Thought I would try something new as the vallejo seems to take several costs and not really shiny. Pantherman
Right. It kind of is more of a satin look for me.
I'm going to give the floor wax method a try on a piece of styrene.

I dip my windows and canopies in the wax and they come out crystal clear.

I feel your pain!!! I did the same thing on the Spindrift (Land of the Giants). Twice!!!
It wasnt real obvious but I knew it was there.

Latest posts

Back