So I built a paint rack...

sunsanvil

Rainy weekend...nothing on the bench...been meaning for years to get my paints out of the old kit box they've been in.

$11.50 and a hour later...

5898008418_6bb5652a5e_z.jpg

Going to make a world of difference finding colors. If you've been meaning to do something like this, I hope this inspires you too to finally get it done. :)

And yes, virtually everything on it is Vallejo, and no they do not sponsor me in any way. LOL.

Sweet! One bit of advice to anyone building a paint rack. Make it twice as big as you think you will need it. Ask me how I know. ;)

lol looks like the one i made only mine isnt as long and set me back 5 euro for 2 2x1 mine is 27 inches long and 20 high. but i have to say yours looks better :)

Grendels said:
This is on my to do list. Now I just have to find the time....

Here they are. Now get to it. LOL ;D
morris-day-and-the-time-debut-album-cover-1981.jpg

Sorry. Couldn't help myself. :eek:

You know? I think I'm going to build me a shelf to get all my stuff up off the bench so I can have some room to work. It "was" at one time organised. Thanks for the insperation! I got stuff here, there and over here and in there. Now where did I put that? ??? Oh yah, over here.
Did some measuring and sketching last night. I have extra trim and stuff in the garage and....to Lowes over the weekend I will go! :D

Cheers
John

ShutterAce said:
Grendels said:
This is on my to do list. Now I just have to find the time....

Here they are. Now get to it. LOL ;D
morris-day-and-the-time-debut-album-cover-1981.jpg

Sorry. Couldn't help myself. :eek:
I didn't think that a Morris Day reference could be worked into a scale modeling forum...

sunsanvil said:
Rainy weekend...nothing on the bench...been meaning for years to get my paints out of the old kit box they've been in.

$11.50 and a hour later...

5898008418_6bb5652a5e_z.jpg

Going to make a world of difference finding colors. If you've been meaning to do something like this, I hope this inspires you too to finally get it done. :)

And yes, virtually everything on it is Vallejo, and no they do not sponsor me in any way. LOL.

You know.....make a couple more, and I am sure I could sell them here at the shop! LOL

Nicely done! Something we all could use.

I've been meaning to build one for my bench. My paints are currently stored in two cookie tins, and in a wooden painter's tool box, and it's a pain to have to shift things around to get at them. But I wrestle with the idea that I want to be able to carry all of them to shows or other remote locations, too. Can't quite decide, so, I haven't acted on it yet.

Hi Guys

Just thought i would offer some suggestions for those who struggle for space.

I have put together a few different types of methods for holding your paints and nik-naks and brought them altogether at my desk.

desk-storage.jpg

The two outside frames are 6mm(¼") MDF cut into 100mm(4") strips and glued together with a hot glue gun. The background in a metal wipe board / notice board.

The top of the left hand frame is filled with 40mm(1¼") pvc pipe which is hot glued together and then glued to the frame at an angle.

Fixed to the bottom of the board with self tapping screws is 40mm X 16mm(1¼" x ¾") pvc trunking with the lid removed.

Hopefully this will give some people a few different options.

That said, how good do the Table Top Gaming Bunker ones look. I know if i knew they existed i would have been sorely tempted.

All the best

Tom

Latest posts

Back