Airbrush paint coverage question

namsag

Approximately how many mls of paint, say Tamiya or Vallejo acrylic, does it take, before thinning, to paint an average 1/48 scale fighter model, assuming you use several light coats?

Any advice appreciated.

Vallejo comes in 17ml bottles, and you could do several kits from one bottle. It's hard to say exactly how much is needed for each kit, though.

Approximately how many mls of paint, say Tamiya or Vallejo acrylic, does it take, before thinning, to paint an average 1/48 scale fighter model, assuming you use several light coats?

Any advice appreciated.
Like Flyboy said it's very difficult to work out how much you will need for 1 model.
I usually mix 16 drops of paint with 16 drops of thinner and 2 drops of flow improver. That way if you need more paint you can use the same ratio or even half it if you only need a little bit more. Pantherman

It’s hard to put a number on how much paint you need for coverage. It depends on the scale and subject. I usually eyeball how much I need with thinner added.

You’re always going to end up with a little bit of leftover paint in your airbrush cup. No biggie. Dump it out. But never back in the paint bottle!!!

Latest posts

Back