So I built a paint rack...

I have been looking for inspiration to make one of these for quite some time now...

I am seriously getting tired of Looking in drawers for paint... which all have black Caps....

Now I have a few ideas... and might just do that this week end !!! Rain permitting !!!

Thanks guys for showing your Racks.... LOL

ManCaveBuildArea.jpg

Since I don't have a rack.... I feels like Remodelling !!!

haha Draws for pain Sucks! im loving your magnetic plates for your toolsits a neat idea i may rob..

Cool racks guys. I've made a couple of paint racks over the past year....and now I need a new one. Seems with all the new paints and weathering products that are coming out, my racks are filling too fast. The last one I made was done by ripping a length of 2x4 into strips, leftovers from the garage, didn't cost me a dime.

Ken looks like you'll be needing a new rack for all the AK bottles eh, I know I do.

Rob

Everyone has a unique rack. You can easily take something from everyones design and make one kick but unit. The only thing I find hard to beleive is that the work areas are actually that clean. ::) Yah,...right. ;)

My rack is 48 in x 24 in.

Cheers

That's a great size rack, something I need to do soon. And yes, a little from each and you have the perfect rack..................only thing is that there are more and more new weathering effects and paints coming out that the racks get full very fast, like mine 8)

Rob

haha i planed for that today rob, I bought 3 4inch skirting bords hopfully ill get around to building tomorrow.

and gratz on the article in next months Mim mag looking forward to reading it

This thread inspired me! Today I drew up quick plans, cruised over to Home Depot and had wood cut to make my own paint rack. Cost me about $45 total. Maybe could have done it cheaper, definitely could have built it better (my carpentry SUCKS).

But, it is a rather handsome addition to my hobby room now. I'll post a pic later! 8)

Awesome job. Just cleaned the bench and was sayin to meself how much I need to organize my paints. I'm my own worst organizer. Great job.

Ok! That's it!

I will be buying some wood strips and nailing me a few paint racks....

Might as well join the crowd!

Go for it guys! You'll be glad you did. I want to see pictures! :D

SCRATCHMOD: You can always design a lazy-suzan style on the end of your bench or put a sliding shelf built in front of your existing unit. Huh, huh, what do you say!

OLDNEWBIE: Uh ha! Thought so. Had to clean the bench. I don't feel so bad now. ;)

Ready guys? Put your hands in the middle. Ready? 1-2-3 GO! :D

done mine today ;D took a few pics of inprogress but who wants to see them... not much to see in them

i added a bead to the front of the shelvs to stop any bottles falling out.

and i used 4" skirting boards they came in 5ft lenghts and i used 3 and a half of them ;D

51cm high 88cm long and each gap is 9cm tall except for the top thats 8cm and of course teh top one is Warped it can stay there! . the one on the left is my old rack i just cut a few inchs off it and added some hard bord to the back of it.

this should take a while to fill ;D

_MG_0911.jpg
the ball of fluff is rocksy 14 week old

and wide angle

_MG_0912.jpg

spud said:
they are until they crap and piss all over the place ;D

What a cutie!
I'll take a dogs crap and piss any day over the human races crap and piss I deal with on a day to day basis.
I find animals to be far more forgiving, trustworthy, grateful and loyal than any human.

(Corrected) Sounds like Rocksy is an aviator dog.......Pile-it here, pile-it there. ;D

(Corrected) Thanks for sharing. She is adorable!

its Rocksy and its a she. we are just minding her for friends, our own westie is 16 months old now,

Latest posts

Back